Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 09:50 AM   #1
WillowIX
Apophis

I noticed that I in the index hade separated the directx entries... Could someone please help my list the "known problems with directx"? Wyv, I know you´ve helped a lot of people who´s had problems with this. Can you perhaps remember any of their problems? The search function is still not up so there´s no easy way, except asking you of course , to get the info. BTW category 3 installation problems will soon be up and about. The links are working and waiting for Bungleau to post the solutions.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Category three is in place. Awaiting Category 4....

And just because I'm a little OCD, we may want to repost category 6 after categories 4 and 5 are up. That way, all the nice little numbers will be in order...

One thing I also did was to remove my sig from the post. Just trying to keep the meat to a maximum.

I'll look for anything related to DirectX. I thought I was running DX8, since that's what MM9 used, but it seems I'm still running 7.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 04:11 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

oh yikes!

Yes, I will try my very best to help out but I doubt that my memory of DirectX problems is going to be better than anyone elses. Sometimes, for reasons I do not know, understand or have any ability to explain versions later than DirectX 7 cause malfunctions in the game. Suggesting that they downgrade from DX8 to 7 has more or less been a last resort (I don't know what else to tell you) solution. Surprisingly, it has often worked! I've always run W&W with DX8 and never had a problem so my technical explanation as to why this solution works is "magic". LOL!!!

Tomorrow morning I will attempt to remember something on the subject that IS useful! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

My first few games were played running DirectX 8, and it ran fine....DirectX 8.1 is suppose to be the better build. I've been ruuning it for months without any problems.

BTW.....Known problems with DirectX...is already listed in 'Graphics problems'...and it has the link for DirectX Buster as well..here.. were you going to list it twice?

[ 09-19-2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 09-19-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

So I can simply bunch those entries together and we´ll have one answer to the problem? At present there are two entries, how to remove and known problems. I´ll bunch that together to known problems and say that dx8 may cause some general malfunctions in the game. And as solution, 1st update drivers (dx8 compatible) and then the dxbuster. And add a warning abuot using this as a last resort. Sounds ok?

ps. I´ve never had any problems either, but then I keep my drivers up to date (which I think is the problem)...

[ 09-19-2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 05:40 PM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I was going to suggest the same thing...Plus try....DX 8.1, before you downgrade. Even Microsoft new 8 had problems...thats why there's an 8.1.

[ 09-19-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 09-19-2002, 06:37 PM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Thanks a bunch packrat!!
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote