Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2003, 08:29 PM   #11
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
I do not think he did either but not seeing his daughter for that long says alot in it self. Being a father I take my family very serious. There is nothing more important then my family. And as soon as the father new that the daughter was at the neighbors why would he not go there and make sure everything was all right. Or did he go there right away. Did he talk to the mother and then wait three weeks or did he talk to the mother and go right away it does not say this. This all sounds a little fishy to me. Sounds like he also did not care.
it does not say, but either way, why would a father stay away from his child for 3 weeks, seperated or not? I get so mad, when i see families, without daddy, and I get mad at my husband, because he will not even call his other kids, to me, that says to much about any man, if he refuses to fight to see his kids, maybe he had a reason, but it did not say [/QUOTE]I agree there is no reason why he should have not been in contact with his child. When family values break down it leads no where good.

Mistral4543 I have to agree with you there this child will do amazing things.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #12
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

in the article
Quote:
Ogden Lee, who is separated from the girl's mother, said he talked to her by telephone at the jail Sunday and she said their daughter was with neighbors.

When he got into the apartment, the youngster had dragged food and toys into her mother's bedroom and was lying in a baby's bathtub. She was covered with dried ketchup, Lee said.
personally i would believe the father would believe the mother was saying after all she is the mother.

Quote:
I get so mad, when i see families, without daddy, and I get mad at my husband, because he will not even call his other kids, to me, that says to much about any man, if he refuses to fight to see his kids, maybe he had a reason, but it did not say
i hope you dont say it in a general term stormymystic. some guys dont say thier reason at all because of thier own personal reason. and some guys do fight for thier children, while others dont..maybe one of the reasons? because maybe they feel insucure and unsure on how to take care of the child or maybe they feel inadequete that they let the mothers take care of the child so they dont fight in the first place for thier children. of course there are bad fathers but hey there will always be both good and bad fathers.

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-01-2003, 09:30 PM   #13
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

Blame the mother. If the father doesn't have any custody rights then why would he look in on his daughter and perhaps the mother won't let him see his daughter. There are many reasons one would not fight for custody 1) with the courts the way they are the man loses 90% of the time 2) it's easier on the kids. Not to mention whether he was the sole provider for the family (which is quite possible seeing as the mother is crazy). If he was then he's working to support both the mother and daughter! I don't think it's right that all I hear is blame.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:52 AM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

i am not so sure we are trying to blame the father for the little girls neglect. that is obviously the mothers fault. what i question is that even men who have very little custody of their kids usually get them everyother weekend. but of course we don't know his situtation. he could actually live two far away for everyother weekend to work, or he may work hard 7 days a week. it could also be that the neighbor was well trusted and that is why he did not check.

either way i am not blaming him, he is her savior. no one else was showing up to care for her. he did a wonderful thing getting his daughter to the help she needs.

one thing i worry about that they didn't mention was whether or not the child had any type of diaper rash or if she had been laying on one part of the bed for very long bed sores. after dealing with severe diaper rashes in my own children that are not caused by three weeks of neglect, i feel so sorry for her tushy.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:35 AM   #15
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
That storey just makes me feel ill when I read it. Having a 16 month old girl and knowing the attention she needs on a daily basis nevermind daily she needs things on a min. basis. And knowing this girl has been on her own for weeks makes me shake my head. If you ask me the father and mother should not be parents.
I agree i have a 5 month old brother and if that ever happened i would tell my parents so bad but that would never happen so...
Old 10-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #16
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Letter

I read that the other day, and some people just absolutely disgust me. How could you do that to a 2 year old kid and just not care. Its people like this that cause the degradation of society. How did she end up with the kid anyway instead of the father? Obviously the father at least cared about the kid.