Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 10:08 PM   #1
KaneBloodstorm
Dungeon Master

I'm having a problem in the severed hand tower.

Spoiler/////////////////////////////////////////

I have found all 4 pieces to the astro labe and given them to the ghost to fix the machine. Now however when i try to talk to either the ghost or the Bael-norn I get no response at all. Am I not suposed to talk to them or is this some type of bug that has just screwed my game? Thanks for any help.

[ 08-16-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: KaneBloodstorm ]
KaneBloodstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:25 AM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Use your configuration program to activate the cheat console; if you don't have Heart of Winter then edit icewind.ini (with Notepad) and add the line "Cheats=1" under the Game Options section. In your game, hit CTRL + TAB to activate the cheat console and type CheatersDoProsper:SetGlobalVariable("know_larrel","global",0); exactly as shown in the white font. This will reset your dialogue counter with Larrel, so he thinks you have never spoken with him before; unless I have forgotten something, this should fix the problem. Good luck! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

[ 08-17-2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:33 AM   #3
KaneBloodstorm
Dungeon Master

I get a message that says Command not found: SetGlobalVariable . Knowing me I screwed something up..lol. Oh well thanks for trying [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 02:08 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try again EXCEPT change the command to SetGlobal (NOT SetGlobalVariable). That should solve the problem.

Note that the command to use this changes if you have HoW installed or just IWD. If the CheatersDoProsper command doesn't work, try this: GetYourCheatOn followed by the rest of the instructions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 02:40 PM   #5
KaneBloodstorm
Dungeon Master

Thanks. It accepted it that way however it still comes up blank when I try an speak to him. As much as I dread it , I guess I will start a new game and try again. Thanks much for the help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 02:47 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That's odd. It should have solved the problem.

Did you see the animation of the Astrolabe starting to spin?

Double check your inventory and see if you have any extra pieces of the astrolabe left.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:41 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

KaneBloodStorm,

Do you have saves from not too far before you visited the astrolabe room for the first time? If so, then if I were in your position, I would:

1.) Reload from last save before first vist to astrolabe;
2.) Visit astrolab and dialogue with (IIRC) Larrel's assistant;
3.) Use Dalekeeper to load any missing astrolabe pieces into inventory;
4.) Dialogue again to complete quest.

Then, again, it is really a blast (and the extra expo and goodies are nice!) to take your seasoned guys back to the start of a new game and slash your way back to where you are now.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #8
kroma
Dungeon Master

KaneBloodstorm,

I realise this is a very late reply and youve probably gotten around this problem somehow by now, but I felt like adding my experience.

When I first arrived at the Astrolabe, I handed over the 3 pieces of machinery that I had found and the screen faded out and then in again. The Astrolabe now *appeared* to be working, things spinning etc. etc.
However, when I spoke to the guy running it, he was still complaining that it would never be fixed blah blah...

What Im basically saying is, are you 100% sure that you found all the pieces? I was frustrated for days trying to get Larrel to talk to me after I was sure the Astrolabe was fixed.

Check that you got all four bits! If you want to know where they can be found:

1) The first piece is on the right side of the bottom level of the Severed Hand. You need to use the lift on the third floor to get to it.
http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/icewind/maps/ar5001.html

2) A second piece is on the 3rd floor of Solonor Tower.
http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/icewind/maps/ar5200.html

3) The next piece is on the 2nd floor of Corellon Tower.
http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/icewind/maps/ar5300.html

4) Defeat all the elf warrior shades in Sheverash tower at Kaylessa's behest. Return to her and defeat her as she requests to get the final piece of machinery.
http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/icewind/maps/ar5400.html

Thanks to http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com for the excellent resouces and links.

Hopefully that was helpfull!

Cheers,
kroma.