Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2004, 03:37 AM   #1
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

The guy in the bodyguard's portrait.

Was it a mistake to whack the steward in the palace when he would have surrendered? My party is basically good, and I felt bad when his lover got all broken up about it. Was there a bonus for sparing him?

I didn't have any qualms about taking out the frost giants and the guys in the aquarium after I picked up the badges.

But I had heard he needed killing, and I didn't trust him. I suppose that if I had checked his alignment and found him lawful, I might have risked it. But doesn't know alignment only show good/evil?
Old 05-20-2004, 02:07 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

There is no real significant bonus for letting him go. At least not in terms of exp, you get about the same whether you kill him or not. It all boils down to what you think the 'good' way to do things is. You're obviously feeling a little cut up about it, so maybe you should have let him go. But, when it came to the crunch, you decided to kill him, so shoot-first-ask-questions-later is obviously your role-playing style [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Although RPGs demand a huge amount of suspension-of-disbelief, my only advice to you is to try and play the way you'd live in real life. That way, you won't find yourself having so many regrets (unless of course, you do alot of stuff you regret in real life too )

Anyway, all-in-all, killing this guy won't affect the outcome of the game, so just do what you gotta do [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-20-2004, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]