Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 05:15 PM   #1
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hey all - was wondering about a few things. First off, is the Monk's stunning attack something they can do with any weapon, or is it only possible to do stunning attacks while fighting unarmed? Also what about the Rogue's sneak attacks, can they be made with any kind of weapon? And if I make a sneak attack with stunning blow turned on, can both effects stack, ie a chance to stun and sneak attack damage?

Second question is more general, has anyone played with a Monk/Rogue type of character? Any advice on building one? I am thinking of making one who would be a scout/assassin type. He'd have a low Int score and would only use the Dex-based Rogue skills (I'll let someone else do the searching/disarming). Thanks!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

IIRC all weapons can be used for sneak attacks. Stunning attacks should only be possible when unarmed. I think the effects would stack.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:14 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I thought that only bladed weapons(slashing and piercing) can do sneak attacks with the bonus damage.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #4
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hmm I guess I will "cheat" a little later today with an old save game where I have a pure Monk, I'll give her a rogue level and play around to see what happens.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #5
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

OK you can't do stunning attacks with anything but bare hands/feet. Sneak attack damage can stack with stunning attack effects. Also bare fists/feet can deal out sneak attack damage. So it seems like a nice combination, but I may only take one Rogue level since one needs to fight unarmed to use stunning attacks, and more than one Rogue level will nerf the BAB unarmed Monk table.