Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 12:58 PM   #1
Rubagorn
Welcomed New User

Level drain is appearing where my experience points should be. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? It appears that it is a curse. My character has not leveled for over a week. If anyone can tell me how to remove this curse, you are brilliant. Also, the icon on my photo looks like a red T.
Rubagorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:00 PM   #2
Jonni Voodoo
The Magister

The spells 'restoration' and 'greater restoration' will cure it. It's a (I think) 4th level priest spell, or you can get it at any temple.
Jonni Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 02:36 PM   #3
Fred the Fat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just go to a temple and buy it..thats the easiest way.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:40 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by Jonni Voodoo:
The spells 'restoration' and 'greater restoration' will cure it. It's a (I think) 4th level priest spell, or you can get it at any temple.

Absolutely correct. Interestingly enough, I've never allowed anyone to stay in a level-drained state before. Does it prevent the earning of any more xp? I know in pencil-and-paper AD&D you could begin earning xp from your new level-drained state and regain your levels, if you didn't have access to Restoration.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:40 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No u cant regain ur levels through adventuring like it says u can in the manual... the lvl. Drain state stays there until restoration is cast..... and i do believe u gain experience so that once Restoration is cast upon u all the exp. u would have gained while lvl. drained is then added 2 ur Exp. so lvl. Drain is only a temporary setback... but if u get lvl drained down to lvl. 0 u b dead [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:48 PM   #6
Tormentor
Manshoon

didnt you read the manual? (pirated copy?... bad boy!) anyway, just load your quicksave and try to win the battle without being level drained?..
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:59 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I knew that I was going to be going to the Graveyard District, I knew that I was going to be facing hordes of Undead, I knew that they were all going to want to Level Drain me.....so I had my Cleric/Mage memorize a few slots of Negative Plane Protection.

Guess which spell I forgot to cast.

(goes and bangs his head against a wall)

I think that while your character's in Level Drain, he/she can't earn EXP. All the vampires seemed to go for my Archer with her weak armor, and even though I Restored her pretty quickly each time (Thank you, stupid Shadow Thieves, for letting me steal all those scrolls), she still came out of those battles with less EXP than my Undead Hunter.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:40 AM   #8
Glorfindel

Thats weird.... it must b a bug with my game cause when I get lvl drained and i cast Restoration the Char who was lvl drained gets all the Exp they should have earned.... a many a time have I had Aerie or Viconia cast Restoraion on my PC and they then LVL up!!
Old 01-15-2002, 03:42 AM   #9
Glorfindel

quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:
[QB]didnt you read the manual? (pirated copy?... bad boy!)QB]

was this aimed at me???
Old 01-15-2002, 03:49 AM   #10
D*Ranged

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
A cheap trick: Give Minsc & Boo berserk plus neg. energy protection JUST in case, or send in the Undead hunter, or sum1 w/ boon of Lathander or amulet o' power.