Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 04:21 PM   #51
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
WARNING! Yankee fan alert! Yankee fan alert! hehehe...

NYCloud

I was thinking after all this time we've known each other that there had to be something wrong with you somewhere and now you let the cat out of the bag. but being a NY native I'll cut you some slack.

Baseball is wonderful if your team is super rich like the yankees and braves and can buy your team the championship every year. I really enjoy the game but there has to be some equality somewhere. They need to impliment the salary cap!

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 03-16-2001, 04:30 PM   #52
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I thought when I first read this message subject it was going to be something from Fawlty Towers - glad to see the Aussies getting whacked by the umpires for a change! (meant in good humour Memn).

As far as the baseball vs cricket thing, I've been to baseball series out here in the states, and test matches back home in England. I think essentially that its the same game for the spectator:

1) Turn up with 20+ friends
2) Proceed to sit down and eat crap food
3) Break out the beer
4) Enjoy a day in the sun with your friends and getting utterly wasted
5) Occasionally something in the field will happen to give you a chance to jump up and down screaming drunkenly and stretching your legs
6) It doesn't matter too much at the end of the day who wins..

*ducks impending salvos of flames*

------------------
Old 03-16-2001, 04:52 PM   #53
noelemaC
Dungeon Master

Damn Yankees,
I think the Rangers are going to get the better of the Yankkes this year for sure. "crossing fingers and legs, pulling out four leaf clover and voodoo starter kit" hoomba hoomba hoomba ha hah ha J/K

------------------
Old 03-16-2001, 05:27 PM   #54
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
I was thinking after all this time we've known each other that there had to be something wrong with you somewhere and now you let the cat out of the bag. but being a NY native I'll cut you some slack.

Baseball is wonderful if your team is super rich like the yankees and braves and can buy your team the championship every year. I really enjoy the game but there has to be some equality somewhere. They need to impliment the salary cap!

Yup, totally agree with you. These hot shots are getting WAAAAY too much $$$ and many are turning into prima donas who know they can demand things that others can't get. Whatever happened to the TEAM in team sports? But hey, like you said, NY'er and I gotta route for my homies, bossman! Like the Red Sox too, but when's the last time they made a WS? I don't keep up with the stats/you know, NUMBERS...pesky things...but I don't think any one player should be so overpriced as to make the rest of the team look like chopped liver. You can't win a ball game with one high-salaried hotshot!

CloudFan (or is that YankeeCloudClipper? )
Old 03-16-2001, 06:43 PM   #55
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Asphyxiate:
I thought when I first read this message subject it was going to be something from Fawlty Towers - glad to see the Aussies getting whacked by the umpires for a change! (meant in good humour Memn).

As far as the baseball vs cricket thing, I've been to baseball series out here in the states, and test matches back home in England. I think essentially that its the same game for the spectator:

1) Turn up with 20+ friends
2) Proceed to sit down and eat crap food
3) Break out the beer
4) Enjoy a day in the sun with your friends and getting utterly wasted
5) Occasionally something in the field will happen to give you a chance to jump up and down screaming drunkenly and stretching your legs
6) It doesn't matter too much at the end of the day who wins..

*ducks impending salvos of flames*

LOL...BASIL , you stop that! ... Yes...dear.--- Oh, wait, it isn't Fawlty towers, is it? ...HAHA!!..around here, I might get fooled!

Hmmmmm.. (eyes those 6 things) So THAT's what I've been missing...(heavy sigh) ...(Cloudy admits to seeing all her games on the telly and she's never been to a REAL stadium game for anything but a Spartak/Army soccer match in Moscow) WAAAAAH!!!! I wanna go to a ballgame now! WAAAAAAAAAAH!

Hey, Mems? Jimminy says howdy! ROTFL!!!!

DeprivedCloud
Old 03-16-2001, 06:45 PM   #56
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by noelemaC:
Damn Yankees,
I think the Rangers are going to get the better of the Yankkes this year for sure. "crossing fingers and legs, pulling out four leaf clover and voodoo starter kit" hoomba hoomba hoomba ha hah ha J/K
Hi there! How's the weather in TX?
ROTFL! About as much chance as me learning to play cricket...snicker snicker...
Old 03-16-2001, 06:45 PM   #57
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cricket
Old 03-16-2001, 07:29 PM   #58
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Nice 11 you have there memnoch!
I agree though, Langer can be a bit of a dead weight in the aussie squad sometimes... but he has his moments...
In the last test, Poning and Gilchrist both got a pair of ducks (I think)...
so they are lacking just a bit... but then you look at Pontings effort in the last first-class match against Mumbai or something... he scored 102 in the first innings, then 102 NO in the second... Gilly in the first test was just magik, so you know...

BTW, what is wrong with victorian "Sheffield Sheild" team?

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF

[This message has been edited by sylent (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 07:33 PM   #59
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sylent, I thought for just one moment you were speaking English, but I see I was mistaken...

Cloudy
Old 03-16-2001, 07:41 PM   #60
sylent
Emerald Dragon

keh...
*Scoffs*

Don't you understand my superior language?

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF