Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 03:15 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Light Bulb

Anyone else catch it Friday?!?! I'm a big fan of SG-1.

I think it has a LOT of promise, and the characters 'feel' right. I love the scottish dude! Funny as hell. The new aliens (the women atleast, looked silly, reminded me of a man dressing to look like a woman) but the other aliens were freaky cool. Very goth in a slight way.

Looks like the Ancients got their asses kicked. Too bad Thor couldn't be part of the new team... Gotta love the Asguards technology!

What do you think?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh come on, SOMEONE here watched it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:36 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well australia is lagging with american tv shows. soo.. i dont know what your talking about now.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:01 AM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah we still get repeats of Stargate SG-1. They are even replaying the original movie as well some time this week.

I checked out the website and the new series looks pretty good.

Hopefully it will hit the Land Downunder
Old 07-27-2004, 04:59 AM   #5
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think it's a great show.The new enviorments look great, and the cast fits together very well.Even with the characters being new they seem to have been able to find actors you can quickly identify with and have a real interest in.For anyone that hasn't seen it yet scfi is reairing the 2 hr premiere followed by the 2nd episode on tuesday the 27th at 8 pm eastern, with the new episode friday at 10 if anyone is interested but missed the begining.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, Ziroc, I'd wacth it if I had cable or a dish, or something besides the antenna that's strapped to the top of my house, poorly receiving signal from three and only three channels...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:37 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It`s a great show. I know that I used to watch it (I especially liked that black dude who was Guul - spelling?) but they have not repeated one episode for 5+ years. I hope I will see the new version.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:20 PM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

I suspect you're talking about the original Stargate SG1, Xen, which was a pretty decent show, despite some corny elements every once in a while. I especially like the episode in which Jack gets supersmart, but at the same time incredibly ill because of that smartness.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:18 AM   #9
ScottG
Drow Warrior

They should wax the Atlantis base comander, both her character and her. Diddo for the Ancient decendent leader.

To mix things up a bit I think they should have a servant of Nerti find and revive her, letting her catch "wind" of the Atlantis mission and having her pop-in as an un-easy ally. She could bicker with the hero about leadership FAR better than the current "comander", while also bickering with canadian tech geek over various tech..

The Pilot was pretty good, the 1st episode was mediocre. (Though bet you popcorn I'll be watching every episode - afterall SG-1 started off far worse and ended up being the best show on television.. most of the time.)
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:28 AM   #10
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I love SG... unfortunately Stargate-Atlantis hasn't come out in Australia as of yet But I hope it comes out soon.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote