Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 07:50 AM   #1
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ive been obsessed with NwN for 3 days now and I have pulled myself out of it long enough to come and ask if there is any way to fix the 2 problems im having:

1. the sound is knackered... its fine at the startup and everything, I can get through all the opening credits with sound as well, but it hardly ever lasts to when I load up my game, and the few times it has it drops out at the start of loading.... now whats going on here? Im taking it isnt anything to do with the game... is my sound card not good enough for it or something?... I looked in the sound options but there didnt seem to be any way to turn down the qaulity of the sound.... any help here would be appreciated....

2. NPC plots just seem to stop for me... I hadnt figured out how to talk abou NPC's histories until port Llast.. where I talked to Aribeth... her story went fine through the first one... then I talked to her straight away again, and the option was there to continue the story.. so i went into it.. and it got up to the bit where i clicked to persuade her to tell me about her dream and the conversation just stopped... and the option for continuing her story dissapeared.. for that one i expect it was because I must have exited from conversation and angering her or something... Then there is sharwyns tale.... which I didnt do anything wrong for.... I got through 2 conversations and she said she'd tell me more later.. and then the option just dissaperead.... but I dont think it can be a bug with all of the convo's because I got straight through Aarin's tale no problem.... Is the reason they stop talking to me about it because I angered them or something?

Anyway other from those two problems Im loving this game... but the fact I havent heard a single sound in the game except the start-up and credits music is aggrovating!!!
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:59 AM   #2
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

what version are you running? 1.07 if so you need to upgrade to 1.19 it fixes alot of the bugs that were out there. one that i was glad for was the camera problem where the camera would somehow go from your overhead to just behind your back, made it hard to see things.but the sound thing could be your card. is it happening with any of your other games?

npc's will tell you of their story and will proceed to tell you if you have gained a lvl. aribeth all you really have to do is skim through and pick all the number 1 options to click on.that should work for ya if not. reload. i always quicksave before i think im going into an important area or gonna do a potential quest. i learned from BG2 on romancing that if you say the wrong thing it sets you back. well aribeth is like a mini romance. also if you dont have a good persuade check then she will fail to tell you .

also if you dont already know "g" is quicksave
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 08:00 AM   #3
tegoyo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

I think you have to listen to the stories of your henchmen before you finish the 1st. chapter (Best before going to ritual)

To check or solve your sound card problem, go to the start menue, choose *run* type in *dxdiag*, on the screen you get after a system check go to sound and turn down *hardware acceleration*. Helps sometimes. Happy gaming
tegoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 03:59 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanx man.. Ill try that with the sound [img]smile.gif[/img] ... and it only happens with Dungeon Siege... but it did work for it... it was just that the game froze and crashed alot when I ahd the sound enabled... but anyway..

As for the NPC talking... im just taking that I said the wrong thing at some time.. thats why they stopped talking to me about it....
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote