Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 11:04 PM   #1
Ranthenae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read all this talk about the Luremaster here and I was wondering, is this something that comes with HoW or is this a seperate download, the way I read some is that it's included in HoW and then the way I read others makes it sound like a totally seperate download. If it is a seperate download where can I find it? I looked for it on the Iron Works main page and didn't see it. Is there another website that I might find it on?

------------------
Wounds heal, men dig scars, and glory is forever
Ranthenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 02:22 AM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

It is an internet download from www.fileplanet.com. You can probably access it from www.planetbaldursgate.com as well. You need Heart of Winter (HoW) in order to download it and play. But be warned! It is slightly larger than 72 mb which means a very long time for completion. Depending on your modem speed it can take anywhere from 4 hours to 9 hours. Some people have received corrupted files (I didn't) and had to uninstall and start all over again. Just plan on not using your computer for a number of hours! Some have reported being kicked off their phone line, but, again, I didn't have this problem.
It is well worth your time. Personally, I think it is better than HoW. There is an important order, however, of game play that you must follow or you'll miss out on TotL totally.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 04:28 PM   #3
Redblueflare
Galvatron

So TOTL is a completely new download? Is it worth taking all that time to download it? Did you like it?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:12 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yes to all three. As I said, I think it is the best thing about HoW though I did like that accursed place called Burial Isle and the town of Lonelywood was kind of quaint in a backwards sort of way.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:28 PM   #5
DEADMAN
Manshoon

What is the average play time for it? Plus without giving anything away, what is the basic plot?
DEADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 10:15 PM   #6
Albromor
Mephistopheles

As to the average play time that is difficult to assertain because of the high intensity of game play and an individual's level of RPG expertise, i.e., tactics, etc. I have yet to hear of an average game time to play so I am quite sure it varies from person to person. As to the plot, let's just say that the Luremaster has a number quests (trials) for you to complete before you can go "home." The plot will slowly unfold as you advance.