Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 12:51 PM   #1
Epona
Zartan

I found this:

"While it hasn't been officially announced yet, Interplay is working on Icewind Dale 2, another BioWare Infinity engine game. While I've hinted in past ramblings that we may not have seen the end of the Infinity engine, and that Interplay was considering other Dungeons & Dragons products (in addition to Neverwinter Nights), I can now confirm that Icewind Dale 2 is in the works (and it's not necessarily the only new D&D game that is being contemplated)"

It was on the PlanetBaldursGate site here:
http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/

Has anyone else seen similar news??
If it's true, I can't wait!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 04:28 PM   #2
Newearth Hunter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hope to god there will be a Icewind 2 out of all the RPG games i have played Icewind Dale has to be one of my favourite games.
Yours in hope Newearth Hunter.
Newearth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 05:27 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

To back up Epona, I found this on GameBanshee...

Quote:
In order to make a quick buck, Black Isle has taken the Icewind Dale crew and is having them whip up Icewind Dale 2, using the existing (and aging) Infinity Engine. The reasoning is that the Icewind team is already very familiar with the code & engine and it is a quick and easy way to pinch out a title before Christmas.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 08-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 08-13-2001).]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 09:26 PM   #4
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

It may be old and dated, but I'd still buy it. I have really enjoyed IWD!!! Great game!!!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Sir Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 03:56 AM   #5
Gyruss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hope this wasn't just started since TORN's demise though as a makeup so Interplay has something for Christmas. This could easily just end up being another expansion to IWD itself instead of a real sequel.
Gyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 09:48 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It would be interesting for sure. If it does get made it will probably be THE last Infinity Engine game. Let's hope that that put all those learnings from BG2 and ToB to good use.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 03:26 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

That would be great. I wonder how far off it is?

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 06:13 PM   #8
Gyruss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Supposed to be released this Christmas. This is whats had many people wondering if its just a rush job by Interplay to have something to make up for TORN's demise.
Gyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 07:34 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hope they are not only profithungry but has something to really show. They usually do, but it sounds like it can go either way. The story needs to be better than in Icewind dale. Cool to just go around dungeon clearing, but after awhile you miss the choices from BG1 and 2..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 01:28 PM   #10
Balgin
Elminster

There was a story in IWD! Never... (Actually it was a pretty naf one since they broke their own rules to make it, since they accepted the AD&D standard rules of extra planar creatures being banished to their home plane as opposed to slain and the demon got killed on the prime material whilst the devil was merely banished to hell. The demon should have returned to The Pit but I suppose that they could argue that since she'd been banished to FR that was now her home plain, an odd inconsistency in the IWD storyline since the Devil was only supposed to have come to Faerun in order to take advantage of his foes weakened state).

So, IWD2, could be interesting, I'll just have to wait and see.(Why did the BG series in it's entireity ignore the dwarfs +1 racial hatred bonus to hit goblinoids (orcs, goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears) and +4 dodge bonus against giants and their kin? It did the same for gnomes. I'd have rather had them put that in for HOW than the attempts at 3rd Ed customisation that they implemented instead).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote