Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 07:11 PM   #1
Lucian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I plan on playing ToB with a dual wielding Ranger/Cleric that uses a Flail of the Ages in his primary and a Crom Fayr in his offhand. Will this work ok?
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 08:09 PM   #2
lavos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep. I gave the same two weapon's to Minsc and he was making havoc, but I don't know if you can have ranger/cleric.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
Lucian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sure you can. Half Elves can become ranger clerics. (At least they could in IWD...)
Old 02-19-2002, 11:30 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Yes, half-elves may be ranger/clerics; he should be quite the destructive powerhouse with Crom Faeyr and the Flail of Ages.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 12:03 AM   #5
Lucian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Excellent, Lucian Lockewood, having crossed the Spine of the World will now run amok in the lands of Amn.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:54 PM   #6
Nifft the Nimble

Lucien,

Ranger/Clerics are among the most effective characters in the game. You get to be a kick-butt fighter and you have access to all Cleric and Druid spells ... mmm, Ironskins.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 03:28 PM   #7
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

SUCKA-WHAT?! They can use the high level doodad spells!?!?!?! OGMIOD!!!!! Hmm... Perhaps I will have a dualclassed beast master yet...
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:02 AM   #8
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by toriuxik:
SUCKA-WHAT?! They can use the high level doodad spells!?!?!?! OGMIOD!!!!! Hmm... Perhaps I will have a dualclassed beast master yet...

Yep This is a combo I haven't tried, but if you dual at level 12, you will eventually have an amazingly powerful summoner.

Of course, late in the game you won't bother much with Animal Summoning I-III, but you'll have good armor and great weapons by then.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 03:08 PM   #9
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

...And of course you can go for duelwielding clubs and staves.

Well, okay, clubs and staff maces. 2d4+2 for almost no money! Good speed... Unless you need high + to hit, then staff mace is pretty snappy for beastmaster.
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:11 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:
Ranger/Clerics are among the most effective characters in the game. You get to be a kick-butt fighter and you have access to all Cleric and Druid spells.

Really? I played an Archer once, and she was only allowed to access Spell Levels 1-3. Does a Multiclassed Ranger-Cleric really get the high-end Druid spells? And what about a Dual-class?