Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 08:55 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

My CD-ROM drive had problems reading it, probably because of that @#$% SafeDisc thing they put in - what a nightmare!! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

About to play it now.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 09:14 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hmm. Weird.
Good luck and enjoy the game [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 12:08 PM   #3
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

My copy wouldn't recognize my existing copy of NWN so I had to delete it and reload it than upgrade to 1.30 than load SoU what a pain.But its there now and just started playing..
Old 07-31-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

John I do not understand what you mean by that your copy "My copy wouldn't recognize my existing copy of NWN so I had to delete it and reload". You realize that once you install SOU even if you are playing the NWN OC you would use the SOU cd for the play cd. Basically after you install SOU the three CDS that came with NWN can be locked in vault somewhere until you need to reinstall.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:01 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Friggin SecureRom. Friggin Atari for putting on the disk. GRRRRRRRRR.

I feel your pain man, last summer I had to go 3 weeks w/o NWN til they released the patch that killed securerom. You would have think they learned by now.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

And after all that the bugger doesn't work anyway.

I've called Atari here in OZ and they're going to send me a replacement disk...it just hangs when you try and start a new game, which is a common bug apparently. I tried to update my NVIDIA drivers but apparently the latest drivers aren't Windows XP Logo certified and Microsoft recommends you not install them - sounds a bit silly to me, why would you have a driver there which says "For Windows XP" if it's not Windows certified?? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2003, 01:02 AM   #7
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Memnoch on the Nvidia drive thing. If you notice there is an WHQL certified driver and a not. The latest drivers are normally not MS certified because once Nvidia makes them they have to send them to MS to get them certified which takes time. Normally they will only certify major releases. What OS and card are you running?

On the replace disk issuse. If you are having a safedisk issuse I doubt the replcement cd will help. If I was in your boat and was trying to leagally fix this issue I would see if the maker of my cd-rom had a firmware update. Do you know who makes you cd-rom and the speed of it?

Granamere

[ 08-02-2003, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Old 08-02-2003, 01:54 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The "OZ" version of SOU basically, does not work lol. Ask Atari about this and they will send you a working copy.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:29 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
The "OZ" version of SOU basically, does not work lol. Ask Atari about this and they will send you a working copy.
It sort of half works but not really. I've already asked them to send me a copy.

Gran, I'm using a CDRW which is made by Sony, 40x/12x/48x.

One more thing on these NVIDIA drivers...apparently I have to uninstall my existing drivers before I can install this new one. Anyone know how to do this (I remember doing it for NWN but I've forgotten ).

Old 08-02-2003, 12:04 PM   #10
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Memnoch you should be able to remove the video drivers from Control panel > add remove programs. Also which Nvidia card are you running. If you are running a GeForce2 you should stick with the 38.X version of the drivers. The 4X.XX actually slow down refresh rates for the GeForce2 cards.

The sony CD rom updates are here http://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/index.htm .

Granamere

[ 08-02-2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Granamere ]