Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2003, 01:24 AM   #1
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

I keep hearing something about Atari using crappy disks in their first release of the game, which is definately the one I have (It was backordered a month prior to the release of the game), and that they crack after regular use.
I want to know if there is anything I can do since the 90 day warranty is up? Shouldn't they be required to send me another copy free of charge since their product was faulty?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

[ 07-30-2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Piestrider ]
Old 07-30-2003, 02:25 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yep, try give em a call.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Get SOU. Then you will be using the SOU disk as the play disk. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 12:33 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Granamere:
Get SOU. Then you will be using the SOU disk as the play disk. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
That's the best advice I have ever seen somebody give!
Old 07-30-2003, 02:20 PM   #5
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Larry_OHF.

The bad part is Piestrider had posted here and in the SOU forum and Micah Foehammer had already given the advice there. I just hit the forums in reverse. [img]smile.gif[/img] It was kind of funny to pop over to the other forum and see the same advice there from another person on this board. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:29 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

I don't think they will replace the disk after 90 days, I recall a big bruh-haha about this over at the Bioware forums, but I could be wrong. Please let us know and good luck.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:38 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Granamere - my double response is a sad indictment of the cya mentality that corporate america has instilled in my thinking. lol

Chewbacca, the ninety day period is only for FREE replacement of defective merchandise. Beyond the 90 days, a replacement can still be obtained "from Infogrames for a nominal fee". [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-30-2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 10:37 PM   #8
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

If all else fails, just buy a new one, swap out your old disks for the new ones , and then return it to the store and complain about broken disks. The game store gnomes are trained to just take back broken stuff and either offer you a new one or give you store credit. Take the store credit and in a week or so , cash it in on SOU or some other game you have been thinking of buying.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:53 PM   #9
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Well, I had already installed SoU and it required the Neverwinter Nights play disk to run. So I guess i'm going to give Atari aka Infogrames a little call. A nominal fee eh? sounds awfully suspicious for something that they SHOULD replace for free.
Oh and fyi, the post on the other forum is about a point error, what ever the hell that is... well, at least that's what i meant for it to be about. Oh well, if it turns out that this is going to be a huge hassle, then i'll just take both disks out for a little bit o' target practice.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:30 PM   #10
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Well, Attalus called the tech support number for NWN and they said "sorry, there's nothing we can do" so i guess that its time to buy another game. Oh well, another reason to avoid NWN at all costs.