Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2003, 08:07 AM   #1
JakesOrBetter
Dungeon Master

Is it impossible to detect the "spear" traps in the room with the big pot of blood in the center and the spikes all around it? I have successfully killed Lassal (spelling?) but I can't get out of the room because of the spike traps. Even with large amounts of potions of extra healing, I still loose 2 to 4 npc's before I can get out of the room.

Also, is there anything else in this room other than Lassal. Since I can't search the area without getting killed I don't know what I am missing.

My thief is usually very good at detecking traps but I can never find any in this room.

Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JakesOrBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by JakesOrBetter:
Is it impossible to detect the "spear" traps in the room with the big pot of blood in the center and the spikes all around it? I have successfully killed Lassal (spelling?) but I can't get out of the room because of the spike traps. Even with large amounts of potions of extra healing, I still loose 2 to 4 npc's before I can get out of the room.

Also, is there anything else in this room other than Lassal. Since I can't search the area without getting killed I don't know what I am missing.

My thief is usually very good at detecking traps but I can never find any in this room.

Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, its annoying! Unfortunately, no, you can't detect the spikes. There seems to be a random chance of getting impailed when walking in this room (i.e. the same spike doesn't necessarily strike from the same point twice). Your best bet is to send in a sole character (leave your party in the corridor), such as a buffed warrior/priest with negative plane protection and an undead destroying weapon (mace of disruption/day star).

As for items, this time round there's nothing in the pool of blood, but make sure you check back there in chapter 6 ....

[ 01-16-2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

If you have a character with mage spell abilities make him/her cas Protection from Normal Weapons and use him/her to lure Lassal out of the room.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #4
Bill26
Dungeon Master

I have also avoided the spikes by staying against the wall.
Bill26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 11:42 AM   #5
JakesOrBetter
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the help, I will actually try to use all 3 tactics at once. Send in My cavalier and Korgan with Protection from Normal Weapons to lure Lassal to the near side, keep the rest of my party along the near wall and lay into him with missile weapons.

Jake
JakesOrBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:46 PM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I found that a character with the boots of speed/hasted is also able to avoid the traps.

Try all 4 methods [img]smile.gif[/img]

Or, cast a timestop and at least your mage can get out [img]smile.gif[/img]

lol.

5 methods.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Trivia of the day... ...

Summoned/Gated creatures do not trigger the traps.

Stone/Ironskin renders you immuned to the traps.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 07:19 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by JakesOrBetter:
I will .... Send in My cavalier and Korgan with Protection from Normal Weapons to lure Lassal to the near side.
Sadly, Protection from Normal Weapons is one of those spells that cannot be targeted on another person--only the caster. And what the heck is a Cavalier doing with Korgan?

On a related note, not even the Priest spell Find Traps will let you see where the traps are.