Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

There have been two websites that I cannot access fully with my profile, but Karen can from her profile. An example. I go to my bank's website. I try to access the personal banking page to sign in and it gives me a page error message. I can then bounce over to my wife's profile and access the whole thing with no trouble.

I have checked every thing I can, and see NO DIFFERENCES in setup. Can anyone help? Granamere...do you know about this stuff? If so, let me know if you can call. I would appreciate it.

I forgot to mention...we are both administrator-level...but her name is first on the list.

[ 08-15-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 08-16-2003, 02:42 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Same internet connection, set up in the same way? Browser settings the same?
In Run -> Control userpasswords2 , it lists your groups as the same (ie, one isn't Administrators while the other is Administrators; Users or some such)?
Have you tried creating a third account and seeing if the sites work on it?
Old 08-16-2003, 09:52 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Compare all your internet options. It could be something as simple as one of you having cookies enabled, and one not.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:59 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Cookies on both sides are set to medium high. As suggested, I created a third account under admin, and tried it. I can connect in the third user name. Now...that must mean that SOMEWHERE..I ahve disabled my ability to see all secure sites. (The ones with the little golden lock.) How can I get that back?
Old 08-16-2003, 10:24 PM   #5
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Go to Internet Options, click the advanced tab and select "restore default settings" or scroll down the list to the security section and change options there.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Resetting defaults in advanced worked! Thanks! I cannot imagine what I had changed in there however. I do not recall ever seeing the need to make a change. Now that the defaults have been set, does anyone have any tips for me to make it a safer world to be in? Any security advice is welcome, as long as I don't already have it installed or owned.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:07 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A lot of times, those will change depending on your response to a popup question (ex. you are about to send info... block (yes or no) ). Your answers can change those settings.

Personally, I start on the medium setting level in IE, and then adjust a few things. Anything secure or certified, I allow to run; most other things, I ask it to prompt me.

Easiest way to determine where you want it, IMHO, is to set all the scripting things to prompt you, and then enable the ones you do frequently enough that you get tired of saying "yes, run it".
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.