something you should know, Baldurs Gate 3, Baldur's Gate III, Sword Coast Legends, Ultima Underworld, Thief the Dark Project, Thief 2,Underworld Ascendant, DA: Origins, Dragon Age, Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate 2, Baldur's Gate II, Balders Gate, Best RPG Website, CRPG's, Bioware, Escape from Undermountain, Wizardry 8, Morrowind, World of Warcraft, Goldbox Games, Dark Mesiagh, Might and Magic, Dungeons and Dragons, Dungeons & Dragons, D&D, DnD, Oblivion, Oblivion Forum, Elder Scrolls, Arx Fatalis, Icewind Dale II, Icewind Dale 2, Wizards & Warriors, Dungeon Siege, RPG, CRPG, Roleplaying, Ironworks, Ironworks Gaming, Cheats, Dan Huling, Ziroc, Louisville, Lakeland, Lakeland Florida, Polk County, Baldurs Gate, TotSC, Darkstone, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, tgeweb, Hints, Network, The Witcher, Bioshock, System Shock, Ultima Underworld, Technology News, Reality Gameshow News, Reality TV, Big Brother, Fallout 3, Fallout, Thief Series, Thief I, Thief 4, Thief the Dark Project, Escape from Undermounain, Neverwinter Nights 1 Mods, Hakpak, 3DS Max, 3D Modeling, Startrek 3D Models, Wizards and Warriors" /> something you should know General Discussion" /> The Afghanistan "war" ->something you should know - Ironworks Gaming Forum

Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 05:37 AM   #1
AboveTheRimYo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: Doughnut IV - Third largest starbase of the Doughnut Dimension
After being flamed by copious amounts of americans in my last post, and having witnessed how many others have willingly swallowed the bush governments' "reasons" behind the current actions in Afghanistan - ive decided to provide a piece of information which some americans may not be aware of.

VIEW THIS ARTICLE & SEE FOR YOURSELF: http://www.indiareacts.com/Story33.htm

Whilst this article may not be all-conclusive in its content, i feel it does suggest possibilities ignored by many americans, and I particularly suggest taking note of the DATE of the article, which was also published in an indian newspaper around the same time i believe.

Incidentally, i believe that several (if not more) other countries were also given prior warning (around the same time the article above was written) that the "action" spoken of in the article would be happening by no later than October of this year.
AboveTheRimYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 05:57 AM   #2
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

This should be in the War Forum.

I also fail to see how this article changes what is going on now.
The point is that had Osama Bin Ladens terrorists not targeted the USA, we would not have gotten involved militarily. Other than through the UN as Peace-Keepers. There would have been no support for it. Unless of course you are trying to say this is all a plot by western nations and carried out by them in order to destroy the Taliban.

Personally I have stayed away from the War forum, for the most part, because of the inflamatory things that seem to go on in there so often.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 10-13-2001).]
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 10:06 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

AbovetheRim, I'm moving this to the War on Terrorism Forum.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 10:50 AM   #4
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

AboveTheRimYO,
The article proves that the USA, Russia, India, Iran and other neighboring countries were aware of the Taliban threat and were thinking ahead incase there arose a need to take action. IMHO it sounds like good strategic thinking on the part of the countries involved ."Hey boys there's a threat here that effects us all we need to prepare for it incase something happens"

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
John D Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 12:00 PM   #5
Gilidarius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Givin this article I would really like to see the proof that the Taliban and Osoma Bin Laden are responsible for September 11. It would make sense that America is looking for people to blame, and then they blame someone who they already wanted to attack.

------------------
Gilidarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 01:50 PM   #6
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Having been shut in most of the week, I have overdosed on news channels. If all the pieces of paper and money trail left behind just by the nineteen who took over the jets is just a giant conspiracy, then it is the best one I have ever seen. Doesn't anyone overseas watch sky news? they're supposed to be global, and I know they have covered all the car rental reciepts, the flight school records, surveillance camera shots, phone conversations, etc. I have seen enough to be sure, and the list of the most wanted terrorists world wide is a great idea, I will cheer every time one is caught and killed - probably the only time they have to face someone who is capable of fighting back.

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 08:19 PM   #7
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilidarius:
Givin this article I would really like to see the proof that the Taliban and Osoma Bin Laden are responsible for September 11. It would make sense that America is looking for people to blame, and then they blame someone who they already wanted to attack.

Well, there were warnings from a couple of other Arabic nations that Bin Ladin was planning an attack that the world could not fail to notice,and that it would be his biggest ever. We were forewarned in fact but just not prepared for what happened.
Prime2U is offline   Reply With Quote