Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2001, 02:19 AM   #21
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Gosh man, I would LOVE to own either a Playstation 2 or a X-Box.. But we are broke bad now with mom sick and all. isn't going to be a really 'normal' christmas here, I just hope Mom makes it to Christmas.. Were still putting the tree up and decorations.. [img]graemlins/choc3.gif[/img] will love sleeping under the tree [img]smile.gif[/img]

If I was to choose, I would get... hmm hard choice between the Xbox or PS2.. DON'T buy a Gamecube.. junk.. Nintendo is dead.

Here are the differences:

PS2 - Pretty good tech, and TONS of games. DVD player, plays older PS1 games.

XBOX - Few games, DVD player(I THINK....?) better tech/anti-aliasing and has a larger dev backing with companies (Big names).

I'd get a XBOX I think.. hell, I'd take either one really! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The XBox has a Geforce video chip. It's a beefed up version of the laptop Geforce 2 that produces somewhere between geforce 2 and 3 quality graphics. The XBox has 2-3 times the horsepower the PS2 does. It's just a matter of the developers catching up and you know they will with that kind of backing.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 11-27-2001, 01:30 PM   #22
Lavindathar
Harper

I'm just letting you know, that my parents bought me my PS2 for christmas today.

Old 11-27-2001, 01:40 PM   #23
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I'm just letting you know, that my parents bought me my PS2 for christmas today.

Dosn't that ruin the christmas fun, knowing what you've got already? I sneaked a look at my PSOne last year on Christmas Eve and Christmas day wasn't quite the same.
Old 11-27-2001, 01:43 PM   #24
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Wow, I surprised somone didnt say somthing about Istoans comment before Z did, a good 6 posts went by befroe anyone noticed it.

I would say a X-box, although its too late sence you already have a a PS 2. There is no saving you now... [img]smile.gif[/img]

X-box has cool games and awsome grpahics, and whats up with all this "PS 2 has more games" Its quality, not quanity people!

X-BOX ALL THE WAY!! WOOOHOO!!
Old 11-27-2001, 01:45 PM   #25
Lavindathar
Harper

Err, i suppose it did when I was 13 (i think you are 13 ain't you Barb...??)

But as a 17 yr old, Christmas lost it's apeal a few years back. IU just like playin my pressies, and being with my family, and of course, the beautiful Stacey (the gf)
Old 11-27-2001, 03:47 PM   #26
Istaron
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
XBOX!!!!! The graphics are way better and the games will come. It's got Microsoft backing it for crying out loud. PS2 is very dated and the games aren't all that great.

If he wanted good graphivs, he would buy a DVD-player and FF: TSW. What he is looking for is the games.
Old 11-27-2001, 04:41 PM   #27
signe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree... We have PS2, we're buying XBox for Xmas (heh) and knowing my husband, we'll probably end up with a GameCube at some point. I don't think the GC is completely out of the running. Has anyone seen that very cool clip on flat screen they're coming out with? I like all the games I can get for the PS2, I like the power and potential devolpment of XBox, but, my weakness has always been the add-ons. I'm also invariably drawn to the underdog... am I the only person in the world who still owns a Commodore CD32? Not that I ever get a chance to play with any of them... as soon as I even look at the PS2, my husband has the uncontrollable urge to have a go at GT2 in his TVR.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:25 PM   #28
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I'd go with Playstation 2. There are more games available and it's a great system. My son has it and loves it.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:13 PM   #29
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:

If he wanted good graphivs, he would buy a DVD-player and FF: TSW. What he is looking for is the games.

What the hell kinda crap is this? I thought we were talking about gaming platforms, not video playback systems. I'm glad you were able to clear up his intentions for me. I saw the header "...PS2, XBOX or GAMECUBE" and I instantly started wondering whether he was interested in movies or games.

Anyways, are you saying that good graphics aren't an important part of a gaming system? You say it like "no, he doesn't want graphics, he wants games". I'll bet you loved pong didn't you? If you don't care about graphics, why not go back to the original nintendo and play contra and zelda all day?

BTW, are you typing this on a 386?
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 11-27-2001, 08:23 PM   #30
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Hey easy on the nintendos. I still have an original around that I pull out once and a while to play Ghangis Kahn. one of the classical stratagy games. [img]smile.gif[/img] And while I have played pong I'll bet alot of people here have never seen it.