Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 07:20 AM   #21
Legolas
Jack Burton

No, experience depends on your level, helpers and the monster, but not on class. Although an elven monk/rogue of levels 4/1, for example, would get an XP penalty compared one of levels 3/2, because that's a standard penalty for characters with multiple classes at levels more than 1 apart.

Long time no see by the way [img]smile.gif[/img] Been that busy with NWN, were you?

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 08:19 AM   #22
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hehe, yes a bit [img]smile.gif[/img] Havent played single player yet tho, ive been playing a PW

But well, on the question: my wizard was level 3, and had a familiar (which is supposed to lower the xp you get), and the barbarian/fighter was lvl 2 barb 1 fighter, so no penalty, plus anyway hes half orc, and he was going alone. I think the barb should get more xp than the wiz, but the fact is that he gets very low xp. Could someone please explain me why ? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2003, 09:09 AM   #23
Legolas
Jack Burton

I couldn't.
What are the differences?
Choice of weapon, but by my knowledge you don't get XP from spells in this game and what weapon you use shouldn't matter.
Class, but since they're both level 3 that shouldn't matter
Skills or feats, perhaps but I don't know any who get you extra XP. Otherwise they'd be very popular all of a sudden
Race, shouldn't matter either and certainly not against zombies.
Stats, if higher INT gets more XP, then why did my mage finish two levels below my rogue?
Name, fenotype, colour and style of hair? Experience tatoos?
Picking a mature voice, or being of young age, or worshipping any of the gods of Death?
Is it the pixie of experience, by any chance?
Was it your character's gender, or clothes?

All I can think of is that one was fighting a zombie, and the other a weak zombie. Don't know how sure you are of the fact that both were weak zombies.
Time for a small experiment, I'd think.

Which PW have you been playing? (yes, this is directly related to XP of classes and the maximum achievable level [img]tongue.gif[/img] No wait it's not.)
Old 03-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #24
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Class does actually affect experience gained. The classes that depends on resting (to memorize spells and such), gets a bonus, at least on low levels... it's said to be that way for balance, though I don't know if it's needed...
Old 03-14-2003, 09:30 AM   #25
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

wizard gnome & pixie: 60 weak zombie, around 90 zombie
barb/fighter halforc: 17 weak zombie, around 30 zombie

im sure about the weak zombie thing, because i thought 60 was a lot of xp, and i thought lets try a solo barb, being solo should get more xp and should level up very fast... well it didnt [img]smile.gif[/img]
btw i played on Soul Forge... played many chars, Lendolin, Beren, Adhrael Lend, Seppi Lend, Zhorkgûl Lend [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2003, 09:52 AM   #26
Legolas
Jack Burton

I once tried a dwarven berserker with a large axe, and it worked okay. Then I figured "Well, this is all right, but if I were a monster, what would really scare me is a dwarf without armour (i.e. in his undies)."
So I give it a try, and nothing happens. But, I reason, "Okay, I'm fighting zombies. Undead can't really be afraid."
Oddly, everything other people said to me was to put on some clothes, or if I carried the plague or something. No scared reactions, no begging or throwing up
So I know exactly how you felt when you throught you would get goot XP, but didn't

Can't say I'm familliar with soul forge though.