Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 AM   #1
Lord Stefan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi people, I've slowly got on with it since my newbie questions and still have a ton of stuff to do. I'm now heading for the top of the mages guild but am a bit further behind on the mages and thieves quests. I've actually come to a point where I need to decide where my loyalties lie and was hoping you might have a tip.

I need to pinch a code book from a fellow thief for the fighters guild. This will get me thrown out of the thieves guild I suspect. I think I'm going to side with the thieves from now on. They all seem to be nice enough. Is that a bad choice? I'm going to keep a save there so I can go back anyway to be honest. I supppose I could move to the commona tong but I've just begun hearing about the group that free the slaves and might get invovled with them in opposition to the commona.

Still a great game. I'm level 24 and quite happy bouncing around the land. I chose a Breton for the magic but wish I had someone a bit stronger now. Although, I am a dab hand with the long blade and blunt weapon. I have read comments saying it can be a bit too easy to win battles. I agree as I am not far through the game and I have spells that can kill anyone before they can touch me. I try to avoid them and have it as a back up plan in case someone starts whooping my ass.
Lord Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:00 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

If you already have the quest then, well, the things aren't good. Either you fail the quest or you get kicked out from the Thieves Guild. Sottilde will not give you the book no matter how much you bribe her if you are a member of the Thieves Guild.
If you have a saved game before getting the quest then there is a possibility to save your membersihip and advancement in both the Thieves Guild and the Fighters Guild. There is some "gentleman" Jim Stacey in Vivec, which have a quest for you: bribe heads of the Fighters Guild so that the guild will protect the Thieves Guild. One of the bosses to bribe is Fire-Eye from Balmora. Bribe Fire-Eye and she will skip the Code Book quest and behave as if the quest has been finished successfully. In the other words, when it comes to the Code Book quest, stop your advancement in the Fighters Guild until you have Fire-Eye bribed, and then continue advancement in the guild. The Code Book quest threatens no more.
I am not sure what happens if you already have the quest, whether the "gentleman" will help. Perhaps, bribed Fire-Eye will consider the quest finished successfuly even if you fail it (by not bringing the book), perhaps not. I don't know.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If you already join the thief guild, you can go ahead and do the " retrive code book quest " for fighter guild without getting thrown out. If you haven't join thief guild yet but planning on doing so. don't do that quest yet.

you can't join commona tong in this game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
Lord Stefan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cheers for that, I am already a member of the thieves guild so I will keep a save and try taunting Sottilde in to a fight or try the bribery route.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:53 AM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Lord Stefan, there's also the option of pickpocketing her. Not easy, lot's of saving and reloading but it is doable. Just find a way to pump the sneak skill up, and use invisibility potions or camouflage potions. That way you don't have to go beg forgiveness from the theives guild leaders for killing her.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:32 AM   #6
Lord Stefan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I might try that one too. I wonder if I can "telekenisis" it from her pocket.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:30 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You don't have to ask anyone for forgiveness, not if you killed her after a succesful taunt. As long as she strikes first, you're on the good side of the law.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:20 PM   #8
Oruboris

SPOILER:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

:

:

JUST IGNORE THE MISSION: It won't be held against you, its about the last one you can do for the Balmora guild anyway. Move ahead by doing missions for the stewards of other cities.

And it turns out that there is a faction within the fighters working against the theives, in favor of the Cammona Tong, which you can't join anyway.

Meaning, if ya wanna be head theif someday, there are certain fighters you don't want to support...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:07 PM   #9
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
JUST IGNORE THE MISSION: It won't be held against you, its about the last one you can do for the Balmora guild anyway.
The code book is the 4th mission from Eydis Fire-Eye. She gives a total of nine, so I can't figure out how you can say "its about the last one".
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 08:58 PM   #10
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I also got other quests from the other mage guilds .And I never did get the code book from Sotitude.And continued to advance in the guild!?