Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I have a dare i dare some one to make up this as a solo in BG2 and actally do it in the game. If u choose to except u must report on all the stuff u do at least once a week. here it is

Female elf
solo socerer
Str- as low as possible
INT- as low as possible
CON- as low as possible
lets not forget INSANE difficulty

Who will accept the challenge and become the true master of BG2???
Old 02-22-2003, 10:12 PM   #2
Arias De'Minal
Manshoon

change it from elven scorcer to half-orc scorcer and then you'll have a good challenge.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:50 PM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Intelligence doesn`t make a difference. Change that to Wisdom - minimum; and no ability-raising potions...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 10:58 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

from what i can tell none of the stats effect a sorcerer's spells. Making a Sorcerer still incredibly powerful. a straight fighter w/ as low as possible str, con and dex,(actually str isn't all that important cause your eventually going to get something that will raise it.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:39 PM   #5
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
...a straight fighter w/ as low as possible str, con and dex,(actually str isn't all that important cause your eventually going to get something that will raise it).
What if you were a Wizard Slayer w/ minimum stats? *Just curious*
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 11:41 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahlennacht:
Quote:
...a straight fighter w/ as low as possible str, con and dex,(actually str isn't all that important cause your eventually going to get something that will raise it).
What if you were a Wizard Slayer w/ minimum stats? *Just curious*[/QUOTE]What's the point of making a fighter that can't wield any weapons or armor?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:50 PM   #7
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
What's the point of making a fighter that can't wield any weapons or armor?[/QUOTE]

- Oh, no point, really, it's just that we seemed to be looking for a really *challenging* solo PC... I thought maybe a Wizard Slayer with lowest possible stats in all categories would be insanely hard if not impossible.

Now watch someone here actually solo the game with a weak WizSlayer at Insane. Don't know if it would really surprise me, the way some of us are soloing Improved enemies at Insane difficulty...

[ 02-22-2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Mahlennacht ]
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 11:56 PM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
from what i can tell none of the stats effect a sorcerer's spells. Making a Sorcerer still incredibly powerful.
Low wisdom eliminates Wish and Limited Wish from any usefullness.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:22 AM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Heh, seriously, what is the point of giving a character low stats on purpose? Soloing is hard enough, and I suppose it would be considered the *best* challenge for a veteran, but a mage with a low intelligence and a quarterstaff would just be considered another farmer with a stick.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #10
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I thought that if you had a socerer with low intellegence that his spells would be affected.

Also if you were thinking mage would be harder you could make him a low intellgence illutionist that seems to be the weakest mage class but it would help on defense.