Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Capīn America new trailer

This is indeed looking better and better - I like the underdog story of the little guy becoming the first Avenger and the symbol of America ( in superhero terms ).

Casting: looks GREAT!!!
Story: we will see - but its sort of an origin story so could be really good.
Effects: well...I think they are as good as they can be.

Concern: Will we only be dealing with WW2 and how will they explain the years between then and now and do we get to see Stark, Banner, Rogers, Fury and Thor together?

"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Capīn America new trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
This is indeed looking better and better - I like the underdog story of the little guy becoming the first Avenger and the symbol of America ( in superhero terms ).

Casting: looks GREAT!!!
Story: we will see - but its sort of an origin story so could be really good.
Effects: well...I think they are as good as they can be.

Concern: Will we only be dealing with WW2 and how will they explain the years between then and now and do we get to see Stark, Banner, Rogers, Fury and Thor together?

Looks good so far.

The years between then and now will be very easy to explain - Cap was in suspended animation. In fact, I suspect that might be how the movie ends.

I was expecting to see Nick Fury in the list of characters (after all, he was in WWII also). He isn't listed, but Dum Dum Dugan is. It also lists Howard Stark and a mention of the Stark Expo (on imdb).

Soooo - pure speculation - I'm guessing Dum Dum Dugan ends up being one of the soldiers that fights with Cap against Hydra soldiers and/or the Red Skull. Since the movie starts stateside (with Steve Rogers trying to get into the Army), I'm thinking Hydra soldiers may "crash" the Stark Expo to steal some piece of technology being featured there.

As for Tony Stark, Hulk and Thor - they all come later. So far, Stark is the only one that has met Fury and heard anything about the "Avenger Initiative". There is supposedly a very fleeting "appearance" of Thor in the last Hulk movie, but that is being generous. The actual scene lasts for about 1 second and takes a great deal of pausing and rewinding of the DVD (combined with a lot of imagination) to actually "see" anything.

Iron Man, of course, supposedly had Cap's shield in his garage/workroom. The reference in the first movie was too subtle for most viewers, so it was made much more obvious in the movie.

I like the casting of the movie too. It looks great. I love Tommy Lee Jones in his role and I think Hugo Weaving will make a great Red Skull. I have to admit I'm just a little on the fence with Chris Evans as Cap, though. He definitely has the looks AND the physique for the role and I absolutely LOVED him in the Fantastic Four movies, but that was because he captured Johnny Storm's personality so well; wild, spontaneous, sometimes reckless and basically a complete opposite to Reed's almost obsessively dull commitment to caution and duty. Johnny Storm was always the "loose cannon" of the FF and Chris Evans captured that perfectly.

But Captain America's commitment to duty, honor and good is even more rigid than Reeds, so it will be interesting to see if Evans can capture a personality that is pretty much the opposite of what he played in FF and Losers. Or maybe he will "loosen" Cap up a bit. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it and - so far - it really does look great.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Nick Fury is in it, albeit briefly. He and Cap coincide around this time in history anyways.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I think Evans does indeed have what it takes to make a great Cap - so I am not too worried on that account - Hugo is GREATASMIC as red skull - its a super casting of him.

In another - though related issue - I saw that Viggo Mortensen turned down the role for Zod in the new superman film - that really sucks cause I think he can play a MEAAAN villain.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 03-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #5
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Nick Fury is in it, albeit briefly. He and Cap coincide around this time in history anyways.
I knew Fury and Cap were in WWII around the same time, so I expected an appearance from him in the movie. Just didn't see his character listed on the imdb site, but did see Dum Dum Dugan, which I thought was odd.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

IMDB is, alot of the time late in updating info., many times waiting until the release of the movie to make the final casting list. I have used it before to try track down actor names and they are oftentimes either inaccurate, or missing entirely.

Sam L is set to play him, but just as a cameo like in the other movies. I know only because I saw an interview he did where he mentions he has a part in both Cap and Thor.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

It is only natural that he has a part in Thor - I was thinking about present time meeting between the Avengers ( sort of a teaser for us fans to have happen in the movies like Stark meeting the general in Hulk ).

I could imagine Thor being moved in some secluded SHIELD bunker and passing Banner in the hallway - or something in those lines ( little cameos )

as for the Thor Appearance in Hulk - I don't buy it - trust me when I say i've used hours trying to see what many others can see and to me it just looks like a pixel error og perhaps a shadow - a cameo of Thor would most likely have been written a bit more into the script.

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I agree, I think it is indeed just some fans reaching. Usually Marvel Easter Eggs are subtle and fast, but clear. Cap appears in the Hulk movie - unmistakeable. His shield in Iron Man etc., but the Thor thing I just don't think so. I can see why, with the lightning scene and all but yeah, no.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Is Cap in Hulk???....wheeeeere? I missed something?

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/new...dible-hulk.php

Right there. You'd have to really have the DVD to see it as it is quite dim and intentionally unclear since he is in ice (although not as far fetched as the Thor thing) but it is definately him. Director confirmed it at the time. But these are under alternate scenes in the DVD.