Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2001, 05:03 AM   #1
thedesipher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello!
I have a few questions about W&W that i am dying to figure out.

1.One of my characters got bit by a vampire, and always dies of bloodthirst. How do I get rid of it? I cant go back to a save game either!

2.Another one of my characters got some kind of disease and loses HP. I dont know where or when i got it but it was awhile back. I keep losing my HP slowly and its annoying.......

3.i am at the part where cet just killed ra and gave me his staff. I dont know where to go from here, got any ideas?

4.Is there any good ways to kill sharks?

5. How do I get shells?

6. How do I get longtooth pelt? Ive killed them but i havent found a pelt yet.

7. Wheres the treasure under water?

8. How do I get more then one hit point, and one ability point per level?
thedesipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 05:55 AM   #2
Shinobi

Ok, here goes
1. Sorry, but you're stuck with being a vampire, but there's a trick to help you stop losing so much health. Cast the level 4 vine spell, Toughen, many times on your vampire, when they wear off, put them back on again.
2. Hmmm, i've never had a disease before, can't it be cured at the temple?
3. Use the staff to open the tomb of anephas, in the middle of the enchanted isle.
4. Sharks? uh, hitting them with swords usually works...
5. Crab o'the seas drop them occasionally, i find it easier to pickpocked them.
6. That's weird, every longtooth i've killed has dropped a pelt, you're sure your not just missing them?
7. It's at the bottom of the lost sea, where Collasium is (you'll know it when you see it, you have to go through the shrine of anephas first)
8. You can try saving before leveling up and reloading if you don't get what you want, i wouldn't bother as the game evens out your hps and stats are easy to get due to the amount of ankhs you pick up later on.
Phew! hope i helped out there.
Old 02-26-2001, 05:56 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

1. No cure. Sorry. You will have to use the special attack Vampire Bite (toggle the dragon fire button) to keep alive. Installing the patch helped for me to stop getting the irritating message that my character was out of range all the time. The spell Lifesteal (Fiend 6) helps good as well. Get the ring from Adrianna, that slows down the hitpoint loss.

2. Cast the spell cure (vine 6) or go to the temple and use 'rites'. Heal quickly, because you sometimes lose attribute scores too.

3. You should still kill Mada Mabbig, or at least open her door with the staff, and get the scroll for Adrianna. After that the next dungeon is on the enchanted isle.

4. I usually either try to stand on top of them, of have my back to the ground to prevent sinking.

5. Shells are carried by crabs. Killing them will sometimes leave one behind. You can also steal them from the crabs (increases your chances to get one).

6. Longtooths always left behind pelts in my games. But perhaps it's a chance too. Try a few times more.

7. in the lost sea. you can't get to it yet.

8. There is a balancing feature in the game that all hitpoints are rolled over each level, and if the result is lower than you already have, you only get one. You also only get one after role switching, until your new level is higher. When you increse your fortitude you'll gain more hp.
Attribute points are random as far as I know, so retrying will often help to get 2 or even 3 points.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 02:21 PM   #4
-Erg

4. I've found the easiest way to kill sharks, or for that matter, crabs, is to cast "Hands of Time" on them. The whole batch will sink to the bottom, paralyzed, easy killing for your party. When actively fighting underwater, you don't seem to drown as long as you're attacking.