Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 12:28 AM   #71
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral

As Isabeau comes swooping down through the window, her heart skips a beat as she notices the parchment tied to her familiar's foot. With shaking hands, she unties the knot and unrolls the parchment. Taking a deep breath, she begins to peruse the note...

Moments later, her face turns pale and her left hand rises to support her stomach. Gripping the window ledge with her right hand tightly, she feels her knees weaken in fright and agitation.

No... it cannot be... he must not die... ~ A wave of nausea strikes her and her body leans against the wall ~ But I have given Fabian some hope... ~ She shakes her head ~ What have I done to two perfectly innocent men?... I have sinned grievously... ~ Stumbling to her bed, she flings herself onto it in despair.

~ Mystra help me... what am I to do... ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 12:54 AM   #72
mistral4543

Fabian

He paces the armoury nervously, his hands tightly pressed against his back. ~ She has finally agreed to listen to me… to give me a chance… ~ His eyes look blankly ahead ~ How can I win her over? What have I to recommend myself with? ~

His face is a picture of misery ~ She knows all about my past… my relationship with Serephine… she is a paragon of virtue and I… ~ He throws up his hands in despair ~ "What am I to her?!" ~ His mind begins to spin ~

What I feel for her is so strong… perhaps not exceeding how I felt towards Serephine at first… ~ His legs continue to walk around randomly ~ … but her mysterious smile, her intelligence, her wit and her vitality…why, they stole my heart away the moment I laid eyes on her. ~ His heart soars as an image of Mistral forms in his mind ~

A cloud drifts across his face ~ I have nothing much to recommend myself… ~ His head now droops ~ I have no fortune, no proud lineage to speak of… my expulsion from my family had in fact led to my quest to conquer lands for my own… ~ In agony, he closes his eyes to shut out the thoughts which mercilessly tear at his heart ~

With an effort, he shakes himself free and his eyes narrow in concentration ~ No! I shall focus on my strengths… after all, I've helped build up her army all this while… at the very least, I've proven myself to be worthy of being her consort. ~ A smile finally creeps onto his lips ~ I shall show her that I can love her without smothering her… give her all the space she needs… but I shall always make sure she is safe and comfortable... ~ His eyes shine with renewed spirit.

With more cheerful thoughts, he flings open the door and strides out of the armoury.

Old 11-02-2001, 04:04 AM   #73
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb was leaning against the wall of the Temple of Helm, observing the world through the senses of his familiar, when he suddenly spotted Kaz's familiar, Aerynkoryk, returning, Neb smiled, soon revenge WOULD be his, especially if the assasin had been speaking the truth when he said that Norochj Boneblade was among the assasins hiding in this particular place, Norochj had been the one that had killed Her, his death would not be fast if Neb could help it, he wasn't one who enjoyed torture, but with Norochj it would be pure pleasure to see the bastards pain.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:01 AM   #74
mistral4543

Delphine

She gives a scream as Fabian flings open the door and almost crashes into her arms. Her eyes widen as she notes the fire in his eyes ~ "You seem pleased with yourself, Fabian." ~ She ventures tentatively, her heart throbbing wildly ~

He stares at her, his blue eyes flickering ~ "Were you looking for me? Has something happened?" ~ Has she heard my little outburst just now... perhaps she can help me... ~ Grabbing her hand, he shoots her a persuasive smile ~ "You're just the one I was looking for." ~

She blushes as he holds her hand, her tiny frame trembling at his touch ~ "How can I help you?" ~ The voice comes out in a whisper ~ "I need your help... I don't know what I could do if you were to refuse me..." ~ His pleading eyes entice her soul ~ "I... I'll try my best to do so." ~ Her cheeks turn pink and she lowers her lashes

"Help me to win Mistral's affections... please." ~

Her heart shatters into a million pieces, and she blinks her eyes furiously. She screams inwardly, clenching her fists and breathing with difficulty before ~ "V...Very well..." ~ She falters in her steps and the world spins around her ~

"Delphine! What on earth is the matter with you?!..." ~ He lunges forward, catching her body in time before it strikes the ground. Staring at her ashen face, a thought dawns on him ~ Does she have feelings for me? ~ He carries her in his arms to her private chambers and places her gently on the bed.

Sighing, he shakes his head ~ I must not be driven from my goal... it is too bad for her that she is an elf and that I am wild to have Mistral. ~ He steps out of the chambers hastily ~ I may have to take extreme measures to win Mistral's heart after all, before all is too late... ~

Old 11-02-2001, 06:13 AM   #75
Neb

(OOC: Since all of our characters personal quests are being referred to as
sub-plots, what is the main plot?)
Old 11-02-2001, 07:49 AM   #76
mistral4543

ooc: Sorry, Neb...I think Spree is the only one who has the overview...
Old 11-02-2001, 09:17 AM   #77
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...sorry I could not make it back online last night. Karen took until 1:30am to type her paper and I was already asleep by the time she was done.

After sending Isabeau away, Larry heads back outside to tell Sephi of his quest to search for Mistral, alone.
He also needed to ask Sephi to guard over Kaz while he was gone, at whatever price he would ask of him.

ooc...Sephi...I am shooting you an e-mail about something...
Old 11-02-2001, 09:39 AM   #78
mistral4543

(ooc: Larry - I suppose your character will take some time to find out where she's staying and get there... I'm going to try and get some sleep first. Don't rush, ok? )

Fabian

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it?" ~ He speaks casually, eyeing Mistral across the table. She looks back at him, managing a weak smile and turns to stare out of the window ~ "I...I suppose so." ~ Her voice trembles, her thoughts far away.

His eyes narrow slightly, but relax as he catches her surprised glance ~ "The cook has really outdone herself this time, hasn't it? The meat is succulent and the wine, superb..." ~ He chews on the food thoughtfully and lifts his wine cup again ~ "To happiness and a brighter future!" ~

She bites her lips and forces a smile in return ~ "Yes! To happiness and a brighter future." ~ She downs the wine quickly, afraid of further conversation. ~

"You look ravishing tonight, Mistral...like a goddess." ~ He proclaims loudly, and she winces as the maids begin to giggle and point fingers. ~ "Stop this, Fabian...you're drunk."

"On the contrary, Mistral... I'm wide awake. I'm alive with love for you." ~ He grins, pouring more wine into their cups ~ "You're just exceedingly shy, that's all... here, drink this to silence me." ~ Helplessly, she obeys... ~ What is happening to me... everything is so dizzy... what... ~ She collapses on the table, unconscious.

With a look of regret, he whispers to her ~ "Forgive me, Mistral. I will not hurt you... but I love you so much..." ~ He lifts her in his arms and carries her off. ~

As he passes the cook, she nods at him ~ "I've settled the hawk; she's stone-cold and I've tied her up." ~

Old 11-02-2001, 10:15 AM   #79
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz closed her eyes and listened to Aerynkoryk's report of what he'd seen. "They're over there, in a building in the Temple district. Larry and another man... that elf, what was his name again? Well, anyway, shall we go?" Kaz grasped her staff and let her raven settle on her shoulder.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:18 AM   #80
Neb

Neb called for his familiar which flew down and perched on his shoulder, "Yes, let us hurry, staying in one place for too long is never safe."