Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
Ranger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I purchased both IWD and HoW. I have not installed either, yet.

Should I install HoW the same day that I install IWD, or should I install HoW only after I finish playing IWD?

Thanks,
Ranger
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 08:00 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Install IWD, then install HoW. The added quest area interfaces slickly with IWD. You'll also want HoW in at once because certain items are removed or changed by HoW, in the interests of game balance. And it would not likely please any gamer to discover that their favorite enchanted item has been sacrificed by the developers on any altar of fairness.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 08:03 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would install both and ALSO download the free expansion Trials of the Luremaster and install THAT too! ToL has the latest patches for all of the HOW and IWd items, dialogues, bugs etc. You can always skip the HOW and TOL areas for your first run through if you want.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:07 AM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Definitely install both--then you have no annoying stall between games and can, if you like, play through in a more lineal fashion without defeating Major Baddie #1, loading up HoW 'create' new party (importing the IWD party) and so on.

fable or Micah, have you noticed that some sound sets (dialogues) don't work for HoW and TotL? I was goofing around with the voices and discovered that some will not play for the two subsequent game that did for IWD.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:27 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer

Odd, I never noticed that, but then I use a fairly restrictive set of voices because most of them just don't fit the personna of the characters I want to use. Do you remember which ones didn't work?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-22-2002, 08:45 AM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Sorry, I never remember exactly until I go to use them and they are silent . I'll go in later and check, then post, ok?
Old 01-22-2002, 08:50 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Okay. I won't be able to check them out until after I finish my shift here at the salt mines (ROTFL) so no rush.

BTW, Good Morning. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2002, 08:59 AM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

(At the risk of awakening the mod's ire)

Mornin' Micah! I'm over here trying to avoid a very tempting thread in GD--I'm in a very mischievious mood and it simply would not be the politically correct thing for me to stir crowd up too much [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

I will check those voice sets, tho, in just a bit. I always wondered why some didn't work--it was after I'd installed TotL, if I recall correctly, but had no other troubles so dismissed it as a possible 'bug'. No, on second thought, some didn't work with HoW, either......(loaded the two together so would be hard to tell, I suppose, which of the games contained a bug)
Old 01-22-2002, 09:03 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Tol doesn't add any character voice sets (that I know of at any rate) and the HOW voice sets are tagged as such. It might be that some of them were corrupted from the HOW installation or somehow ToL altered them.

I can always copy any that are fouled up and send them to you.

<>

Old 01-22-2002, 09:17 AM   #10
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Could well be....I'm going to go check now. I'll create a new char for IWD then carry on to the HoW set to see the diff, ok? Back in a few. (It really bugs me)