Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 08:22 PM   #131
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

-Deiter looked through his pouchs at his belt, then finally found some Spindle Ends. He handed them to Killing Spree then looked over at Kaz.-

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-08-2001, 08:32 PM   #132
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ooc: Killing Spree, I've been going to and fro between the previous thread and this one. In the previous, you introduced yourself as Chani Ravenwood to my character; in page 1 of this thread, your father is Cyrus Nightblade . Is there any contradiction in terms of family name? Just wanted to ask, so I can update info for my subsequent posts. Tks.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:42 PM   #133
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Let's just say that for a time I was an illegitimate child. This is all part of my personal plot.)
Old 10-08-2001, 08:46 PM   #134
mistral4543

(occ: Can't wait to see how everything ties up; the plot is nicely convoluted by now Anyway, I'll stick to using Chani to avoid any mix-ups later on.)
Old 10-08-2001, 09:17 PM   #135
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: ~chuckles maniacally~ Those theives get around you know.

OK I have to go to school tommorow. ~barf~ So see ya'll later! Note that we should probably start a new thread soon. Remember the 150 rule? I'll do that t-morrow after school. Which, eek, is about 3:30 in my time zone.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:22 PM   #136
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Arg I have school tomorrow also...see you all later.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-08-2001, 11:50 PM   #137
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...Sorry, I missed all of you by a full hour and more.
My wife needed the PC for school, and I had to study for an exam in International Business. OK...I will make one long post that will be my only contribution to the night, tie myself back in, and then K. Spree is welcome to close this one down. I will look for the new one tomorrow...ready???
(cracks nuckles, and begins to expound the mysteries...or something...)
================================================== ==============================

Larry walks into the tavern, like he owns the place. Many people that see him walk in, quickly change their attention to their drinks and friends as Larry's gaze falls over each person there. A burly dwarf walks up to him and says,

"Are ye lookin' for troubles, lad? Ye'll find'em in'ere..."

Larry answers, "Sir, I am looking for a friend...a girl, but she is accompanied by two brutes...maybe one is an elf. Have ye seen them?"

"Aye...thems' I have! But what's to ye, to know where they may be, now?"

Larry takes out the dagger that had belonged to K. Spree, and hands it to him.

"Have you seen a finer blade, sir? Notice that it has a nice jeweled hilt, and fine sharp steel. I am but a lone ranger, and have nothing of more value to offer you. Want you take my generous offer?"

The dwarf studies the blade, puts it in his pouch, and motions for the man to sit at his table. Drinks are ordered, and the dwarf begins to tell Larry of what he knows of the two mysterious men, and their female captive. He throws in that he saw another stranger, a magic user to be precise...here as well. the dwarf mentions that her name was something like Pez, or Saz...or

KAZ???

Larry interupts...Kaz is here, too? Oh my...what would Avatar say if he knew that I pulled her into this, somehow...Aerie be with her...

Larry thanks the dwarf for his help, and sets out, knowing only that the two brutes that had Mistral were heading for the docks to a secret hide-out, that nobody knew where. But Larry had to find out. Visiting the docks, he might be able to get some information as to what time the last ships cast out, and where they were bound. Maybe even find out if anyone knew of the crew and passengers that may be travelling that day.

"And somewhere in this bloody town is three friends of mine, that I will need real soon,"
Larry says aloud.

Oi...I know of yer fiends, mate!

A voice said to him from the alley. Larry turned to see that a dirty-faced man was greeting him.

Why, dey went this way, o'course!,
and points down the alley. At the other end of the dark, long stretch, Larry could barely see the other side. Larry begins to walk in that direction, and asks...

And what will I find down there, sir?

Why, yer friends, o'course...d'ems the harbors atta way...so me's think'n you'd be wantin' to catch up with 'em by my little short-cut!

Larry begins to walk into the alley...and can feel the hair on the back of his neck rise. Instantly, he places his finger at the edge of Nightblade, to feel a little better. By the time he was half way through the "short-cut", a man calls out "Gitt'em!" and soon Larry was surrounded by 4 men. Instantly, Nightblade comes up, and deflects a dagger as it had come streaking through the air. The sudden flash of blue light caught the nearest attacker off guard, and as he had raised his hand to his face to block the light, Nightblade kissed him across the ribs. Screaming in pain, the man hobbles out of the way deciding that he'd had enough of that one. Behind Larry, one of the attackers tried to throw a fish-net over him to ensnare him. Larry quickly falls to his side, and rolls, as the net passed harmless over. Larry's momentum took him right to the feet of an attacker, and Nightblade comes up as Larry springs to his feet, aiming right into the man's jugular. The gurgle noise produced by this man helped convince the other man farthest away that maybe he did not want to rob this crazy guy after all. He began to run to the entrance of the alley way...but a well place dagger was faster. Larry aimed it right at the man's left calf, and he toppled over, crying in defeat. Larry quickly pounced over to the man, reclaims his dagger, and asked:

What do you know of the two that have taken my friend captive?

The man's terror got the best of him and he fainted. Larry left him on the ground to bleed to death, as that wound was targeted at a vital artery, and begins his search anew for his friends.

About an hour later, after getting some genuine help from a man that had seen two strangers meet up with a third and have a chat, Larry headed in the direction that the three had been seen walking. Oddly enough, the smell of the docks were stronger at this side of the town, and Larry concluded that K. Spree was already aware of the same thing he had been told, for the price of her dagger...maybe she really was a witch, he decided at length. That would explain alot!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-09-2001).]

Old 10-09-2001, 12:10 AM   #138
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As Larry gets nearer to three familiar looking forms...two huddled in a semi-cirlce in front of another...
Kaz, to be precise...
K. Spree looks around at Larry with a bothered tone on her face like she was thinking..."What the hell took you so long"?

------------------

Old 10-09-2001, 12:17 AM   #139
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

...Drinks are ordered, and the dwarf begins to tell Larry of what he knows of the two mysterious men, and their female captive...

ooc: Larry, just a minor correction - it's 1 male human, 1 female elf and the female captive

Btw, just bouncing some ideas here everyone - I'm thinking of taking a family name of Brightblade for my character, and thought this would tie somewhat nicely with Deiter's "Leafblade" and Killing Spree's "Nightblade". Shall we all have names ending with blade ?? Could this be part of the big plot (which I assume someone else is overseeing, teeheehee)??
Old 10-09-2001, 05:40 AM   #140
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Sorry, but the new thread isn't open yet. Well, I don't think my family history has anything to do with yours (that would be a bit TOO convoluted), and -blade isn't exactly fitting. We could have Deiter and me be distantly related (you are part moon-elf, aren't you?). And I'm not sure what the plot is about right now, I don't want to complicate it further...