Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 12:52 PM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Times 2 for Moni today... ours are the same too... but they're slightly off topic from one another
An obvious day for good timing!

Maybe I should be working?!

Moni
Old 05-23-2001, 01:12 PM   #12
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

Hi!

Thanks a bunch for all the great (and quick!) replies!

Another question I have is concerning some of the special items you find. Is there a list somewhere that details what these are? I have identified them, but even after that they don't really say what good they are. For example, the Anhk of Spirituality and some Magic Powder. Those are just a couple examples. Is the bauble stick any use after the crypt? Is there any good way to "store" these items for later use?

I absolutely love this game. It reminds me greatly of the old-school CRPGs I used to play. Lots of fun and I really, REALLY like the narrative voice that acts the part of a dungeon master when necessary describing your surroundings and adding good commentary to what you see.

My six year old has been playing the game with me and believe it or not he has saved me on a few occasions.

"Dad! Septa (our priest) is gonna die...he is poisoned!".

"Um....gee...thanks son...I saw that....not."

Hehe...

frosty
frostg1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 01:19 PM   #13
Moni

The ankhs increase attributes.
Just put the ankh in the inventory of whatever character you think needs a plus one to their spirituality and right click on it (not sure if you have to equip it, you may) you get the option to "invoke" the ankh. When you do, the attribute total will be raised by one point. There is a ceiling, 19 or 24 so be careful that you have not reached it when you go to invoke another.
These, you can invoke without identifying just to see what they are (save first) and then reload you game to pass along to whomever you want to have the bonus.

Magic powders are spells like blinding flash for blinding powder, stink bomb for stink powder etc.

You don't need the bauble stick and can drop it anywhere outside of town it wil stay there forever lol. Same goes for keys when you are finished using them.

Glad you are enjoying the game! We all obviously love it!

Oh yeah, I forgot to welcome you to the board!

"Welcome!"

Moni
Old 05-23-2001, 01:20 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, that's cool about your son, Frosty! Is he old enough to run his own group? Sounds like he's pretty savvy!

A lot of the keys and other items (like the Bauble Stick) are useful only in the dungeon in which they are found. You can drop them afterward.

Ankhs can be invoked for stat increases; for example, an Ankh of Spirituality will grant +1 to the Spirituality attribute up to a total of 24 for each attribute.

You can create a "Mule" character (a dummy) in the Inn to hold things for you, since you're running the patch...or just drop the items outside the Town Gate. They'll remain there for-EVER.

Have fun!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 01:22 PM   #15
Moni

P.S. If there is a list somewhere, someone will post a link to it!

also, hoorah for your six year old!

I too love the narration, it is awesome when you are first starting the game!

Moni
Old 05-23-2001, 01:44 PM   #16
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

Thanks again everybody!

Has anyone found arrows extremely useful in this game? My ratling thief seems pretty good with them, but I haven't used them much otherwise...

I guess (after I whack a Rumphy to get some gold/XP) we are going to head towards Ishad'Na tonight! I guess this is where we are supposed to go now...at least the knightly ghost in the tomb of heroes said so!

frosty

P.S. One of the funniest things in the game so far for me was when a crypt zombie threw up on us. My youngest son had been sick with the flu and my six year old said "HEY CAMERON! This zombie is throwing up just like you did last night!" Kids are wonderful.
frostg1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 02:29 PM   #17
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Wyv,
From the manual:

You do not need to save the game when your characters are in town, they are automatically recorded for you, and the world is preserved exactly as it was when you re-entered town. You can return your characters to the Inn, or you can simply quit the game and they will be returned to the Inn for you automatically. The next time you start the game, you can go to the Inn and they will be there waiting to begin their adventures once more.

Moni
Yes, I know - but I consider it smarter to save outside the gates.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 02:47 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Frosty posted:
Quote:
P.S. One of the funniest things in the game so far for me was when a crypt zombie threw up on us. My youngest son had been sick with the flu and my six year old said "HEY CAMERON! This zombie is throwing up just like you did last night!" Kids are wonderful.
LOL! They do have a unique way of looking at things! One of the things I love about kids (most of them) is that stuff that grosses us out really doesn't faze them that much. I remember flinching when it first happened to me (the puking zombie).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote