Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

It seems the new far right mantra is that dissent now equals treason. Came accross this on Amazon today, seems the pin-up girl of the far right (Ann Coulter) new book is on this very subject:
Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism.

It's a wonderful time to be an american!
Old 01-24-2003, 12:39 PM   #2
purre
Banned

looked just great [img]graemlins/rollsay.gif[/img]
would someone actually buy that? (please,everybody,dont say that you already have it )
Old 01-24-2003, 01:00 PM   #3
MagiK

Umm Have you actually reviewed the book, or read even a part of it Rokenn? Coulter is definately far right...even farther than me, BUT there has been treason in this country on many occasions since the beginning of the cold war. To point it out is hardly hate speach...which by the way is a bullshit term in and of itself, along with "hate crimes"

By the way [img]smile.gif[/img] I disagree with her on many points.

Old 01-24-2003, 01:11 PM   #4
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Umm Have you actually reviewed the book, or read even a part of it Rokenn? Coulter is definately far right...even farther than me, BUT there has been treason in this country on many occasions since the beginning of the cold war. To point it out is hardly hate speach...which by the way is a bullshit term in and of itself, along with "hate crimes"

Would that include the treason of Iran-contra?

No I have not read her book, since it is not out yet. Regardless of that though, the title alone is provocative and offensive. But then her thinking seems to be right in line with the President's so I guess it is ok...
Old 01-24-2003, 01:16 PM   #5
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
[
Would that include the treason of Iran-contra?

No I have not read her book, since it is not out yet. Regardless of that though, the title alone is provocative and offensive. But then her thinking seems to be right in line with the President's so I guess it is ok...
Hmm you haven't read it, you only looked at the title, and you pass judgement.....doesnt sound like a fair treatment to me.

As for Iran Contra, you lost me. Where was the treason there? and what does that have to do with Anne Coulter? As far as I know she was not in the administration durinng the 80's.

As for her agreeing with the president..again, not having read the book, how do you know it agrees with anyone? You have completely lost me...unless you are some kind of psychic, in which case Im gonna sick the Amazing Randi on ya!

Old 01-24-2003, 01:31 PM   #6
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by purre:
would someone actually buy that? (please,everybody,dont say that you already have it )
My sister has Ann Clouters first book

But hey, like her or not, Clouter is a very smart girl, and how do you know wether you agree with something or not if you never read it?

Well, of course thats coming from someone with a Sean Hannity book, a Bill O'Reilly book and a John McCain book. So...yeah a bit of hypocrisy

But if Alan Colmes ever comes out with a book I will read it
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 01-24-2003, 01:37 PM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
Originally posted by purre:
My sister has Ann Clouters first book

But hey, like her or not, Clouter is a very smart girl, and how do you know wether you agree with something or not if you never read it?

Well, of course thats coming from someone with a Sean Hannity book, a Bill O'Reilly book and a John McCain book. So...yeah a bit of hypocrisy

But if Alan Colmes ever comes out with a book I will read it
[/QUOTE]LoL I just started watching Hannity and Colmes now and then.

Old 01-24-2003, 02:15 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I have a book called, Why the Left Hates America. Does that count?
Old 01-24-2003, 06:03 PM   #9
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

And American has encouraged Treason in other countries.
For example with Spying, It’s pure hypocrisy for any government to accuse someone of treason when they know full well that their security services encourage it in the citizens of other governments.

Treason? just say NO! to old men who offer you packets of it.

Old 01-24-2003, 07:07 PM   #10
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I have a book called, Why the Left Hates America. Does that count?
My sister has that book too, hehe.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge