Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 03:22 PM   #31
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

If there's one word to describe London today.......it's definately "tornado". Or Hurricane?

The wind could almost sting you - as it was ALIVE or something, conjoured some manic wizard.

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 03:41 PM   #32
Moni

I hear ya about that water LoA! We get our water from a tower here so there is no cold water to speak of in the summer months unless you refrigerate it or freeze it. It's not so hot here that it makes it miserably hot as I am sure the Yuma tower did but to serve up tepid water to hot pets is a pretty sad thing to have to do. I need to get Rex to save some of his gallon water jugs so that I can cool some off for them.
Hey I know! I'll write it in permanent ink on the one he has in there now!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-11-2001).]

Old 07-11-2001, 04:13 PM   #33
Gaelic
Elminster

I spent some time at Camp Doha in Kuwait where all the water pipes run above ground. You would take a shower and turn on only the cold knob and it was as hot as you could stand it. I usually couldn't sty under the sprey for more than about 20 seconds at a time. I felt like steamed broccoli! It is 96% and close to 100% humidity here in VA today. I truely sucked running around all day in a tie.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 07-11-2001, 05:41 PM   #34
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

We have been fortunate so far in not having that much humidity up here in North Texas. However, I ran smack into the "Wall of Heat" today coming out of my office. They keep it so freakin' cold in that office (around 65 degrees F -> 13 degrees C) that by the time I've thawed out, my car is down to a reasonable temperature and I'm almost home.

I don't know what's worse: The dead heat, or the fact that Texas offices keep their temps down to Yukon levels.

Old 07-11-2001, 06:08 PM   #35
Gustave
The Magister

Houston has been in the 90's since around March..hehe

Not to mention the huimidity

[This message has been edited by Gustave (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 07:42 PM   #36
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
We have been fortunate so far in not having that much humidity up here in North Texas. However, I ran smack into the "Wall of Heat" today coming out of my office. They keep it so freakin' cold in that office (around 65 degrees F -> 13 degrees C) that by the time I've thawed out, my car is down to a reasonable temperature and I'm almost home.

I don't know what's worse: The dead heat, or the fact that Texas offices keep their temps down to Yukon levels.

It was pretty dang humid the 3.5 years I lived in Killeen, TX. That was bad...worse than Kuwait degree for degree.

------------------
Gaelic