Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2003, 01:18 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK, saw a preview for this movie so I bought the DVD thinking it was good.

When I put the DVD in I was like what the hell have I purchased. It was a bloody musical. I started to laugh I am not sure if it was because I had purchased a musical, or the shenanigans that was going on.

Anyway I decided to give it a chance and watched the entire thing. I am not usually into musicals but I have to say I was impressed with the overall story, and it was quite moving, witty, and funny. A great movie to watch and add to my collection. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
Aviehenda
Dungeon Master

I think the movie is quite good too. Was a bit suprised when I first saw it, with the musical thing and all. I didn't even know Nicole Kidman could sing.. =)
Aviehenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 01:34 AM   #3
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Own it on video [img]smile.gif[/img]
Very good
Old 06-20-2003, 06:24 AM   #4
DameonRules
Manshoon

<font color=green>I thought the movie was funny. expecially when nicole kidman and obiwan kenobi kept trying not to get caught in thier shinanagins with the duke. also i think that obiwan and nicole have great voices.</font>
Old 06-20-2003, 06:51 AM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Ewan McGregor, not Obi-wan *Cackles at the *images* that conjures. Oh, the images!

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I heard that George saw Obi-wan sing and plans to do episode 3 as a musical.

One of the scenes is a battle between The Count and Yoda, in the middle of the fight they break out in to song.

There is also a seen were Jar Jar breaks into song in the senate. The song ends with Jar Jar getting blown to bits.

I think it might have potential as a musical.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 09:18 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>Moulin Rouge is one of the best movies to be made in the last 10 years, at least. The story is very compelling, the characters are sympathetic (well, except for the Duke, but you're supposed to dislike him, anyway), the musical score/soundtrack is second-to-none (Oscar-winning, in fact), as are the costuming and coreography. It retains is freshness despite repeated viewings, of that I can assure you. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Moulin Rouge will be recorded in the annals of movie history as the launching point for the Silver Age of big-budget musicals.

If I must compare it versus Chicago, Moulin Rouge does rank as the better musical. Nothing against Chicago, mind you.</font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

While I liked both Moulin Rouge and Chicago, I thought Moulin's inclusion of 80's hit song cliches was campy and, well, cliche. In the end, it had plenty of spark and was great, though.

I think the Silver Age of the movie musicals goes back a bit further... Madonna was amazing as Eva Peron, and Tantonio Tanteras can sing wonderfully. I haven't seen the remake of Les Mis, but I assume it's a musical.

Go see Down With Love to see Obi-wan and Renee Zellweiger singing together -- in a song or two. It's NOT a musical, though.

[ 06-23-2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 06-24-2003, 03:16 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hm..dunno. I've been to the Moulin Rouge twice, and i remember it was a whole lot more classy than the circusacts they performed in the movie. Maybe this is how the producers would like to see the Moulin Rouge, but it's defenitely nothing like that.

[ 06-24-2003, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]