Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 06:02 PM   #1
Brian
Dungeon Master

Gunnery Range,How do I equip to use rocket launcher.Thans a ton BRIAN.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 06:14 PM   #2
Nomad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

find someone who can use it and put it in their primary weapon spot. You can also put extra rockets in the secondary spot.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:37 PM   #3
EEWorzelle
Manshoon

Or leave extra rockets in the inventory of the character using the rocket launcher. It surprised me that it worked this way with rockets. I thought the launcher used up the secondary spot, but I can't remember for sure.

You have to enter combat mode while standing by the edge of the window to be able to target the dummies. I usually make everyone else just defend.

[ 01-27-2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: EEWorzelle ]
EEWorzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:00 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

emmm...you don't have to waste it on the dummies. it also don't give you experience point.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 08:07 AM   #5
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

The dummies are only good for training. I usually have the people who do not usually do range attacks shoot the dummies to practice their skill.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 06:05 PM   #6
Brian
Dungeon Master

thanks for your help.But I still don't get it.I equipped 4 different chars and ried to combat no go.Maybe the char needs some particular skill or attribute? I will take the weapon out in the world and try it in comat.Thanks again BRIAN.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:35 PM   #7
EEWorzelle
Manshoon

I think you're running into a mechanics of the game problem. I ran into the same thing at that point and couldn't figure out how to target the dumb things. I like your idea. Walk away. I dump the rocket laucher and rockets for the bucks as soon as I get the chance. Even if you do not fire a single shot it will not bother the Umpani.

If you really want to try it (this description is overkill but should work):

1) Go up to the edge of the open window, facing the distant dummys.

2) Click the sword in the lower middle screen to start combat once you have a character with the launcher equipped.

3) Make sure all but the one with the rocket launcher defends, by pushing the shield button (twice I belive) for each character while in combat mode (or you can have them attack the dummys with other ranged weapons).

4) Right click on the character holding the equipped Rocket Launcher. Is the launcher, and not some other weapon, in the primary slot. If some other weapon is primary, click the double arrows underneath the weapons so the Rocket launcher is the one you are currently using.

5) Back at the main combat screen, make sure the character with the launcher is selected. Move the curser down to where the dummys stand in the distance. It should allow you to select one of them and the attack icon for your rocket-launching character should light up (turn white, not red). If it is, start combat.

Not much happens. You might or might not kill some of the dummys before your rockets run out (no experience). You might or might not increase your modern weapons skill... (shrug).
EEWorzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 08:07 PM   #8
Brian
Dungeon Master

thanks nomad,eeworzelle,kakero,masked frog. I still don't get it.so Im Moving on Happy Monster Bashing. BRIAN.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:20 PM   #9
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I don't blame Brian one bit. It is the only part of the game I had to click on those normally useless icons at the lower center of the main screen, after equiped, etc. Between a few games, I must have wasted over an hour trying to initiate combat with no reward except using up my arrows!