Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 04:24 PM   #1
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

Greetings People,

Just thought I would say "hello" first then get to my post.
This can be a bit of a spoiler ahead, so if you want to find these guys on your own "click" your <-Back button on your browser.
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Name....Found.................Class........Won't Go To

Vi.......Arnika-Crash Site....Valkyrie.....Sea Caves,Rapax
Myles....Arnika-Entrance......Rogue.....M Bluff,Ump Fort,Rapax,Mines
Sparkle..Umpani Fort-Recruit..Ranger.......Bayjin
Madras...Trynton..............Gadgeteer....Sea Caves,Rapax, SE Wilds
Tantris..Mines-T'Rang Base....Samurai......Umpani Fort
RFS-81...Mines-Shack..........Monk.........Rapax Camp
Saxx.....Umpani Fort..........Bard.........Bayjin
Urq.......Arnika-Mook Base.....Psionic......Bayjin, Umpani

Thanx Knarfling for the additional Info. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanx Tedium & Sazerac for the extra Info [img]smile.gif[/img]

Notes: To get Madras you must finish his Breeder quest first.
To get Tantris you must do the first couple of Z'Ant quests.
To get RFS-81 you need the potion from Tower guards in Arnika.

Also I believe any RPC you drop can be found again at your first meeting point and they leave you their stuff with you too. Myles and Tantris did anyways.

When I picked up Tantris, he was only level 6 while my party was 12, so it may be prudent to take these guys around the block a few times to get them to catch up before hitting harder areas.

Any additional input would be helpful to myself and others for sure.
Old 12-02-2001, 09:34 PM   #2
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I know of two more recruitable NPC's and can add some on places people won't go.

Saxx .... Umpani Base....Bard .....?
???...... Mook Base......Psionic ..? (I forgot his name)

I also know that both Vi and Madras will not go to the Sea Caves. Vi tells me that there are stories of Sea Monsters that she heard as a child and now will not go there. Madras tells me that Trynnie are food there and has no desire to be eaten.

I don't remember the Mook's name, because I decided not to have a psionic at the time. But I did find out something very funny. Have you ever tried to read the head Mook's mind? I got a kick out of it.

Knarfling
Old 12-03-2001, 07:37 AM   #3
Tedium
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Madras and Vi will also refuse to go near Rapax areas... Neither would enter the wilderness clearing for me.
Old 12-03-2001, 01:04 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Myles will not enter Rapax Rift either, nor the Southeastern wilderness. Don't know about the others. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that these takealong NPC's are a rather rummy lot.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:31 PM   #5
Amaron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is rather dissapointing to hear. I know a lot of people here don't like the baldur's gate games but one of the most enjoyable parts of those games was the pre made personalities and interactions those npc's provided. Addmitedly in the first BG it was kind of annoying getting the npc's you wanted since some of them were hooked together but that was not a problem in the 2nd one. When I read that Wizardry would allow you 6 player made and 2 npc I thought that would be great. You'd get the advantage of a well rounded party to your prefrences and the advantage of all that storyline that pre made npc's can provide. Heres to hoping someone makes a hack that allows you to take npcs wherever you wish.

Amaron
Amaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:55 PM   #6
Aeolian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

myles wont go to the mines either.
Aeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:13 AM   #7
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Bump.

And it could be nice if somebody could add the starting level of the RPCs, please.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:20 PM   #8
Werdna
Dungeon Master

Heh.
Actually, you *can* get Vi to enter the underwater section with you, but it takes some wrangling, and she's not worth a ding-dang once you get her in there, because she's so afraid. Also, she complains ALL THE TIME until you get her out.
The first time I went in, I let her go. Then, when I got up to the part where nessie is, I set a portal with my priest. Then, I used my mage to recall to portal, which was conviniently set in arnika. I got Vi back in, and ported back to the caverns using my priest. Use this method at your own risk.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:19 AM   #9
Mayhem
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's a way to drag any npc to where they don't want to go, though I'm not sure whether there're any future implications beside the frequent whining. Using portal is one way but that's kind of troublesome. all you have to do is run around the area near the entrance of the "forbidden" area you want to go until the bothersome npc faints. then run right into that area =P
Old 12-13-2001, 09:27 AM   #10
Larlador
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sgt. Grumble, level 11 umpani figher, you need to recruit him if you are Umpani aligned to finish an quest.

???? Rapax level 18 wizard, can be recruited for some cash in Rapax rift.

Rodan Lewarx level 14 Umpani fighter. can be recruited if you complete the wilderness quest, same goes for Tantris level 14 T'rang ninja.
Larlador is offline   Reply With Quote