Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 07:19 PM   #1
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

i know a lot of you have already beaten the game numerous times so this doesn't seem like much to you... BUT I'M SO HAPPY!!! and scared... how hard is it? i've been playing for quite some time now so when i got there after the fish people, i just saved and quit.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:32 PM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Andrew congratulations! [img]smile.gif[/img] The underdark is tough but fun. How tough it is depends on the levels of your characters.
SPOILER
You'll face all sorts of nasty creatures like a demon(possibly two),mindflayers,umberhulks,beholders,sahengin(SP) elementals,drow battle parties, a few high level mages and a lich or two. You can get through the underdark without fighting all these creatures but I think it's more fun to explore and take the challenge of completing all areas. Good luck!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:36 PM   #3
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

shit, those are all the creatures i have problems with, i couldn't take on one mindflayer by itself, i doubt i can do it if it's with others. and the last time i fought a lich was one that was hidden under a house in the docks district, and it killed me before i could say... "oh no! a lich!" any tips for all of these creatures? particularly the liches and mindflayers?
Old 08-03-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

There has been numerous topics on tips for these creatures before. Now the search option is back you can do a search and you'll get all the tips you'll ever need!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:45 PM   #5
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

good idea! i didn't know i could do that since i'm new here... thankyou!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:54 PM   #6
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

My pleasure. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2002, 09:22 PM   #7
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

A lich in the docks district? you mean the lich badass of SoA.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:37 PM   #8
Seraph
Quintesson

Just FYI, your topic is a major spoiler.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:45 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Not really.. The back of the BG2 box says you go to the Underdark.

I myself loved the Underdark and found it to be very not-disappointing. It's always been one of my favorite places and topics in Faerun. My advice to you would be to cast Chaotic Commands on your tanks to protect them from psionic attacks and umber hulk confusion, keep some True Seeing ready, and if you run into something or someone that does not immediately attack you, listen to what they have to say.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 11:25 PM   #10
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Hmmm... I really just slaughtered everyone down there... except for the dragon....