Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
Addict
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hope this question havent been asked before.
In chapter 2 of SOU i am having problems defeating some "battle golems" or what they are called (this lizard guy took me slave and then told me to defeat them to get free). The problem is that when my sorcerer are casting spells at the golem it just stands, spell immunity and they dont take any damage. How am i supposed to destroy them?

And also, my henchman were turned into stone, how do i get her back to the "normal" form.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

If I remember they are quite tough and only be dealt severly with crushing damage. Dire Bears will do the trick I think, I had a Ranger and the panther as a familiar was practically useless against them. As for your henchman you will need a scroll of Stone to Flesh.

Minor Spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
There is also a Flask of Stone to Flesh that can be found on the level with the portal puzzle I believe. There was a secret chamber with basilisks and you could use the flask to free a Manticore whom you can receive some nice experience from if you are smart enough. The flask as several uses and I use it to free my henchman as well.

There is another way to weaken the Golems as well with an item found on that level. If you can hide and sneak around than explore chest and stuff before releasing the henchman. If not then you are going to have to suck it up and kill some of the golems to get to the item that weakens or freezes, controls them. I actually don't remember exactly what it does but I remember it makes life a hell of alot easier when dealing with them.

[ 02-10-2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
Addict
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Scroll of stone and a item vs the golems, ok, thank you for your help.