Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 10:26 AM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

For some reason my half-elven Cleric/Mage is totally unaffected by Bardsong. All other team members get it, including a half-elven Mage/Thief, so it cannot be due to race. I have removed every item from my Cleric/Mage, to see if anything was causing the problem, but it made no difference at all. I've tried changing AI script, checked out resistances - the LOT!

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know what causes it? Anyone know how to fix it?! !!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-02-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 11:23 AM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I had the same problem with my gnomish cleric/mage once. It seemed to be that he was standing too far away at first. Then it seemed as though he must have been under other spell effects that negated the bardsong. This problem went away eventually. I'd suggest turning off the bard song for a few, then quick save and reload. I found that saving and reloading fixes a lot of bugs.

Ever had your boots of speed of boots of fox "break"? The ring of free action does it. if you save and reload, you get the "unaffected by boots" message. but if you remove the ring and save then reload, the boots work again (and you can slap the ring back on!)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:38 PM   #3
Fljotsdale

Hm. Very strange! Thanks for the info, Leafy. I will keep those points in mind. Distance from Bard isn't the problem though, 'cos I experimented with distance too, sigh!

------------------

Old 06-02-2001, 04:29 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I also considered the magic resitance thing. my cleric/mage was up to about 45% magic resistance at the time and i was having difficultites casting spells on him period.. i switched items and haven seen the problem in a while. but really not sure why it happened.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 06:09 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm.. I think standing too far away must be the problem? Worth a shot! Haven't had a problem when my characters are close enough. My own Bard is a half elf.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 07:15 PM   #6
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hmmm.. I think standing too far away must be the problem? Worth a shot! Haven't had a problem when my characters are close enough. My own Bard is a half elf.

Cloudy

No, tried that! Leafy's advice about saving and re-loading worked! Thanks, though, Cloudbringer!

------------------