Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2003, 11:04 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

OH BABY
Several of my friends and fellow Antaeans are going to have babies this summer, so here's a simple test to determine if, indeed, you are ready to be a parent...
MESS TEST: Smear peanut butter on the sofa and curtains. Place a fish stick behind the couch and leave it there all summer.
TOY TEST: Obtain a 55-gallon box of Legos (or you may substitute roofing tacks). Have a friend spread them all over the house. Put on a blindfold. Try to walk to the bathroom or kitchen.
GROCERY STORE TEST: Borrow one or two small animals (goats are best) and take them with you as you shop. Always keep them in sight and pay for anything they eat or damage.
FEEDING TEST: Obtain one large plastic milk jug. Fill halfway with water. Suspend from the ceiling with a cord. Start the jug swinging. Try to insert spoonfuls of soggy cereal into the mouth of the jug, while pretending to be an airplane. Now dump the contents of the jug on the floor.
NIGHT TEST: Prepare by obtaining a small cloth bag and fill it with 8-12 pounds of sand. Soak it thoroughly in water. At 3:00 p.m. start to waltz and hum at the bag until 9:00 p.m. Lay it down and set your alarm for 10:00 p.m. Get up, pick up your bag, and sing every song you have ever heard. Make up about a dozen more and sing these until 4:00 a.m. Set your alarm for 5:00 a.m. Get up and make breakfast. Keep this up for 5 years. Look cheerful.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 07-21-2003, 02:58 AM   #2
cazzie
Dungeon Master

far out! :S this sounds awful! sure makes me not wanna have ne kids [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2003, 11:16 AM   #3
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Don't worry about it, it's all worthwhile.
When they get Bananna porridge on your Armani jeans, it's worth it.
When they draw on your walls it's worth it.
When they wake you up in the night you're just pleased to see them.
You'll just go into their room and look at their little face, it's all worth it believe me.
Best thing you could ever do, have a child.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:18 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #5
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Thanks, but no thanks.
Yeah, I said that too Johnny, wait 'til it happens, honestly it is so amazing. My little girl is behind me right now, age 20 months, trying to burst a foil helium baloon and shouting abaa baaa baaa!.
She's a great little girl. Just you wait Johnny, you'll see I'm right (wait til your in your thirties though right?)
Old 07-21-2003, 11:36 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
quote:
Thanks, but no thanks.
Yeah, I said that too Johnny, wait 'til it happens, honestly it is so amazing. My little girl is behind me right now, age 20 months, trying to burst a foil helium baloon and shouting abaa baaa baaa!.
She's a great little girl. Just you wait Johnny, you'll see I'm right (wait til your in your thirties though right?)
[/QUOTE]Dude, i'm 37. I've had my chance, but decided it would be better not to go there. To each his own i guess. I agree that children can be fun, but it's just not for me. I'm still a kid myself, even at my age.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #7
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

there were a few things that were missed in here Arvon

bye a package of diapers, bye a jar of strainded peas, allow peas to sit out for a week, then pour into diaper, and see if you can stand the sight/smell o it, if not, then forget it, lol
also, have a friend, while you are gone, get into cupboards, get into oatmeal, pour all over carpet, sofa, and your bed, then have them get into the eggs, and repeat the oatmeal process, then get the peanut butter, and smear all over walls, then have them get into(if you are female) your makeup, and "draw" pretty pictures on walls and mirrors, and the door knobs
and the last but probably my avorite so ar, have your friend open the tube of Preperation H and hide underneath clothes on your bedroom floor ...do not ask about the last one [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2003, 01:35 PM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
quote:
Thanks, but no thanks.
[/QUOTE]Dude, i'm 37. I've had my chance, but decided it would be better not to go there. To each his own i guess. I agree that children can be fun, but it's just not for me. I'm still a kid myself, even at my age.
[/QUOTE]lol Johnny, my husband is 2 years behind you in age, and he already has 6 kids, and 3 marriges [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] and if he keeps up what he is doig, maybe one funeral
Old 07-21-2003, 10:04 PM   #9
cazzie
Dungeon Master

i guess there are so good n bad sides to it im sure 1 day i might want them but then again im so used to having everything my way that i might go n see my sisters children best thing bout other ppl's kids is that u can give them back hehe