Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 07:29 PM   #1
Ronn

I've seen many threads talking about the Kensai/Mage combo, but after finishing the game and planning to restart, I don't understand why it's suppose to be the best fighter/mage combo?!?!!??!!!

Kensai can't use gauntlets, or missle weapons???? I've never had a mage who didn't specialize in missle weapons!

I also looked at Archer, but have been unable to duel him. If it will work, he will be promising.

It still seems to me that a normal fighter duelled to mage offers the best option.

Old 02-05-2001, 07:38 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

May I suggest Berserker/Mage (starting to sound like one of those info-mercials at late night....)
Pros:
1) Can wear armor, if you want to cast spells (wear the elven chain).
2) "Enrage", makes him immune to many deadly spells in the game (aka imprionment by good friend named Kangaxx). Also the other bonuses gain from enraging (eg. HPs, attack...etc).
3) Decent hitpoint, along with familiars' bonuses

Cons:
1) Cannot specialize in ranged weapons (however, depending on style of play, my range attackers are thieves and rangers)
2) Winded after enrage.....hence timing is critical
3) Fighter/mages takes time to development (but the result is well worth the wait).
Old 02-05-2001, 07:55 PM   #3
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

I think you can have a perfectly good character with a specialized Kensai.
Mine is level 12 and has an AC of -1
and 3 attacks per round
Dual wield Daystar and Celestial Fury and with improved haste and Kai we're talking hundreds of points in damage in just one round.

Well, maybe this isn't really what you wanted to hear but anyway this is a killer char!
Old 02-05-2001, 08:09 PM   #4
G.W.

Pure class Fighter-mage is probably the best. Why? Because short bows rock in the game, and when you have someone who can actually hit with the Thuigan bow (as opposed to the thief-mages who would ordinarily wield it) you will interrupt and stun casters like there's no tomorrow. With boots of speed you get 8-9 attacks per round! As your fighter-mage is best off in the background anyway, the pure fighter-mage, master of shortbows, is the best. It makes such a big difference to have someone can actually hit with every shot on a shortbow, it's amazing how you got along without one. Beserkers and kensai can't do this.

Old 02-05-2001, 09:53 PM   #5
Entreri
Manshoon

I want my fighter-mage to dual celestial and daystar .. but i don't know where Daystar is .. can you halp me with that ?
Old 02-05-2001, 09:58 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Daystar is located in the secret room of the inn in the City Gate. The secret room is on the ground level.....but prepare for resistance when you enter the room.
Old 02-05-2001, 10:15 PM   #7
Entreri
Manshoon

Thx .. but now, i am having trouble to find Celestial, damn it, can't remember where it is.. I think in the bridge district but I have looked all the houses .. ??
Old 02-05-2001, 10:21 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Why not give the Guarded Complex in the Temple District a try?? 2nd floor?
Old 02-05-2001, 10:28 PM   #9
Entreri
Manshoon

Damn ., I was looking elsewhere ... Stupid I am .. Thx again..
and why not continue, there's a hammer that works whith guntlet of ogre power and guirdle of frost giant strengh I think.. Where is the guirdle ?? I have the other too in my other game..
Old 02-05-2001, 10:30 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Try the Kua-Toa dungeon in the Underdark? You have to summon the demon knights in order to get it.