Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2000, 06:48 PM   #1
mike
Welcomed New User

I finished the toad village quest but the shaman didn't give me the spear. How do you get it.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 11:13 PM   #2
Karnara

If you did not hear the Narrator tell about how "quiet" things are now... then the quest is not over. Make sure that you have killed 4 of those beasts. Don't forget to touch the todem pole.

After that then he should give you two things... bag of yellow (Gold) and the spear.
Old 12-23-2000, 03:17 AM   #3
Thorny

there is a small bug related to getting the spear from shinwicki. If the character talking to shinwicki doesn't have room to carry the spear when it is offered, you lose it and can't get without reloading a saved game and killing the swamp gas critters again.

Make sure your inventory has space for a long spear before talking to shinwicki!

This could likely happen at other times when receiving items.
Old 12-23-2000, 04:23 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

This happened to me one time at a very inconvenient moment: in the stout mines you have to put a writ in a depository to enter and leave. So I was quite loaded with treasure, leaving the mines, put the writ in the box, and then the game tried to return the writ to the FIRST character, not the selected one. This character had no room for it, so it dropped to the ground, and then immediately the game started loading the outside world. So the scroll which I needed to enter was left inside. (So I had to reload etc.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2000, 06:15 AM   #5
Moni

I got the spear when I had to kill the stupid toad who was in my way in one of the tunnels and had to then kill the Shinwiki because he hated me for it.
(hey, there seems to be no other way around the guy!)
The spear & the yellow stuff were on the floor when he died. I had already tried to sooth him by saying "Ukabu" but that did not work.
It did, however, allow me to open the trap door albeit I did not know what I was doing so all my characters were crushed & killed when it popped open into their faces.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
I am continusously reloading the game from way down river in an attempt to get in before that derned taod gets me stuck in the tunnel but I am losing patience with the time the game takes to load and killing him looks like my only option if I want to keep my hair.
I read in another message that at some point no one seems to care if you do kill him but I have not reached it yet.
Wish me luck. : )
Moni