Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 11:09 AM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

Slight spoiler
So im a good way into the game with what I though was the perfect party. I use Anomen and he had been upgraded to Sir Anomen. He seems a bit naff even after that and my confidence in his abilities are fading quick. My party is as below

Stalker Elf (best kit in game)
Keldorn
Anomen
Jahera
Edwin
Jan Jansen

Now who apart from Vic could I replace anomen with. At the start I was sure you needed two clerics but you don't. Any advice would be nice.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hmm, tricky one.
Lets see, if you drop Anomen, you loose a good tanker and a priest. You already have two priests, so another priest is just pointless.
You have Jaheira, yourself and Keldorn as tankers beside Anomen.
And you have two mages and one thief. Hmm, this IS a very good party, but if you absolutely want to drop Anomen, try Haer'Dalis. He has bard-abilities, and a usable tanker.

Hope this will work!

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 12:51 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

I'd suggest sticking with him, for what my two cents are worth. If you want the very best party, you'll never decide on whom to take; because it all depends on what you like in a wide range of areas, not to mention your playing style and the way different professions deal with differing situations.

Some party NPCs are definitely "challenged," but that can be fun, too, if you want to see how you can minimize their disadvantages and maximize what they've got. I've tried all the NPCs, now (except Mazzy, whom I've repeatedly forgot), and can't say any of 'em were bad in a reasonably varied party.

As to Anomen, he's a good priest and a fine fighter,if not quite the storehouse of spells that Viconia is. I tend to prefer Vi, but she doesn't get along well with good/neutral parties (unless you use the Baldurdash file to disable alignment reactions, and I don't). Don't worry, he'll grow on you as he advances, and particularly after you add-on ToB.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by BALROGBANE:

Stalker Elf (best kit in game)
Keldorn
Anomen
Jahera
Edwin
Jan Jansen

Hi BALROGBANE,

Yes, drop the A--man! Keldorn & Jaheira are more than enough tank, and you've got your Stalker, too. Viconia would be nice if you didn't want to keep Keldorn: she's a great cleric and a decent missile-hurler. Haer'Dalis is a fun l'il guy, but only gets to be truely great at ToB levels. Aerie is actually pretty powerful, if you simply must have a priest, and I find her whining to be far less obnoxious than Anomen's.

There is no shame in adventuring with a party of five, especially if you intend to take Imoen with you when you recover her.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:24 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

If you can put up with Anomen's arrogance, I believe that he's quite powerful. He's are very solid cleric. I also think that having Sir Anomen and Jahiera in the same party is OK, since one's a cleric and the other's a druid. True, you can bet by with only one preist, but having 2 fighter/priests really works well. It also helps that both are solid secondary tanks as well as acceptable spellcasters.

Also, having Viconia and Keldorn in the same party is a big no-no. Let's just say "bad things will happen". I mean, c'mon!!! A lawful good Paladin and an evil drow cleric in the same party. The bad karma here should be obvious!!!

The only problem that I know of in having both Keldorn and Anomen in the same party is that they both have low DEX's and there's only one set of the Gaunlets of DEX. Decisions, decisions...
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 05:14 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
[QB]You already have two priests, so another priest is just pointless.
QB]

2 Priests?? Once he Drops Anomen (not Recomended) He has a Stalker (they can only cast a few priest spells... none of the good ones)
Edwin- No Priest Spells (but grate mage)
Keldorn- Inquisitors do NOT have priest spells.
Jan- Theif/Illusionist... No Priest Spells.

So how does he have 2 priests?? And why is another one POintless ??

OK, I would say DONT DROP SIR ANOMEN. 3 PRIESTS ARE VERY USEFUL. Dump Jan for Yoshimo- Better Thieving abilities and can be useful when getting Imoen back (wont say more here incase of spoilers)... And Dump Keldorn (his spells are useless) for Aerie or Viconia... (Aerie has Both Priest and Mage Spells, But Viconia has more HP- ur choice).]
Also, If u want any of the following combinations of people in ur party- Anomen (Failed Knightship): Aerie, HAerDalis: Jaaheira, Keldorn: Viconia, KOrgan: Aerie. Download the "Sir Kalthorine Ut Winstans Happy Group Scripts" from Baldurdash. Otherwise ur problems will be

HUGE!!!

LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote