Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 02:44 PM   #31
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Billikins the Bold:
Bin Laden is *not* the leader of the Taliban. He *is* the leader of an extremely anit-American terror group and has (and may still) reside in Afghanistan but he is *not* the leader of the Taliban.

My Bad
really

thing is
the Taliban does cover up bin-laden and his organisation

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-11-2001, 02:45 PM   #32
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Hate to say it, but many people will do horrible things to the people of their own country for lots of money.

Look what happened in Oklahoma and he didn't do it for money.

Mark
The American govermant has no reason AT ALL to attack themselfs
What use would it be to attack a building that costs millions of dollars ???
than and the cost of lives is something that the US would never do to itselfs

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-11-2001, 02:47 PM   #33
skywalker
Banned User

I don't believe I said it was the government...there are many radical groups in America.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 02:47 PM   #34
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
My Bad
really

thing is
the Taliban does cover up bin-laden and his organisation

True: the Taliban aren't a particularly nice group of people IMHO. Ironic that they were originally funded/armed by the US gov't...

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 09-11-2001, 02:49 PM   #35
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Rikard, I don´t think you can get that many Israelic suicide bombers actually..

Bin-Laden is not the leader of the Talibans, but close to them and has a training camp in Afghanistan and works together with a Taliban terrorist.

What talks for Bin-Laden is that he is a strong leader that could persuade so many to go on a collective suiced mission at once. That has never happened before.

BUt well.. speculations...
In times like these, we try do understand, no matter how close to the truth we will come. An important thing now is that all democratic countries start to work together more actively to work against terrorism, to try and prevent anything like this to happen again..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-11-2001, 02:53 PM   #36
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Hate to say it, but many people will do horrible things to the people of their own country for lots of money.

Look what happened in Oklahoma and he didn't do it for money.

Mark
Not always for money either, as long as they can make a point.
Its sad but true and it happens all over the world, not just here.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 02:58 PM   #37
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Billikins the Bold:
Firstly my condolences to all affected by this.

Whoever did this presumably had their own pilots along: I really can't see how you would get a pilot to crash into the world trade centre under duress: if he knew he was going to die, surely he'd ditch the plane in the river.

To me this highlights the possibility of state backing: finding four airline pilots would be difficult for a terrorist group. Could be wrong though: could be that four "pilots" were traind up to a minimal level. I just don't know.

As to Bush? Nah! Having said that (and I honestly don't believe, in a million years that he would even consider it) the finger of suspicion has long pointed at the Russian intelligence services in connection with the mysterious "Chechen" explosions that killed 100's of people in Russian tower blocks shortly before the second Chechen war that co-incidently saw Putin elected.

Pilot training is no great issue here, essentially the bombers only had to take control of the plane at the last minute, the pilots could be forced to fly to a location under the impression they would not be killed if they complied, and then the terrorist could fly the plane into the building. Essentially piltoing is only difficult on take off / landing and in adverse conditions, flying in good weather into a building is a low order skill. Navigating however is trickier

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 09-11-2001, 03:15 PM   #38
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

All I can say is it might not of been a well suported group, four people with guns, a little info' and the disire to do it is all it would of taken.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:18 PM   #39
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
All I can say is it might not of been a well suported group, four people with guns, a little info' and the disire to do it is all it would of taken.
Good point. Takes only a few crazy people to destroy thousands of lives..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-11-2001, 03:30 PM   #40
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Obviously none of us know at this point who is responsible. However, the selection of targets was quite interesting.

On the world stage, the US is most dominant in two spheres -- economic and military. The two targets, the world trade center and the pentagon, were the two most central symbols of US might in those areas.