Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 05:33 AM   #181
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Whoa! Has this gone off topic?? I thought we were trying to find the perpetrators (not "folks" as Bush calls them).

Avatar...please don't start with Dubya. Evidently THAT topic is a powderkeg in here. LOL

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-12-2001, 05:56 AM   #182
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Damn, it's very difficult for me to get involved in these discussions with the timezone I'm in. I had hoped that we could keep this thread as an intelligent, rational discussion about an obviously emotive topic and I think by and large we succeeded - we should be proud of ourselves in that although the discussion got heated at times, we prevented flaming - for the most part.

I'm a bit disappointed that there were a couple of individuals who sniped at each other during this entire thread, with personal attacks from both parties on each other. One person was flamebaited in a provocative way and responded with a flame and it went downhill from there. You know who you are - all you need to do is read this thread in its entirety as I just have.

I'm not going to say who started what because that's not important - as you both pointed out you're mature adults and I would hope that you would be able to debate this issue - all political leanings aside - in a civilized manner. Please try and keep your personal feelings for each other (or whatever feud you may have at MH) from your posts here. If you don't feel you can do this, then I would request that you not post on the thread out of consideration for other people who are trying to have a discussion.

Fair enough?

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 05:57 AM   #183
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Damn, it's very difficult for me to get involved in these discussions with the timezone I'm in. I had hoped that we could keep this thread as an intelligent, rational discussion about an obviously emotive topic and I think by and large we succeeded - we should be proud of ourselves in that although the discussion got heated at times, we prevented flaming - for the most part.

I'm a bit disappointed that there were a couple of individuals who sniped at each other during this entire thread, with personal attacks from both parties on each other. One person was flamebaited in a provocative way and responded with a flame and it went downhill from there. You know who you are - all you need to do is read this thread in its entirety as I just have.

I'm not going to say who started what because that's not important - as you both pointed out you're mature adults and I would hope that you would be able to debate this issue - all political leanings aside - in a civilized manner. Please try and keep your personal feelings for each other (or whatever feud you may have at MH) from your posts here. If you don't feel you can do this, then I would request that you not post on the thread out of consideration for other people who are trying to have a discussion.

Fair enough?

DAMN! and I cannot believe I used to dislike you!

Old 09-12-2001, 06:02 AM   #184
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

and NO, I am not kissing ass for Moderator!

you don't have to give me a Mod, but if you feel there is a moral need for such an action, then by all means, Memnoch, DON'T hold back!

anyway, some truth be told here:

I always felt "what the hell is wrong with this guy? so cocky!"

then as time past by, I truely saw how he as a moderator maintained the order and most importantly "mutual respect" of this community (should I call this a community? ) anyway, what I see is personal strength, intelligence, dutyful and self-respect here.

you have my respect, Memnoch, and be proud to have you represent us!
Old 09-12-2001, 06:12 AM   #185
Vampire

Memmnoch, I think some of us are way to emotional, opinionated and immature to make sensible respoces. sorry.
Old 09-12-2001, 06:13 AM   #186
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Memmnoch, I think some of us are way to emotional, opinionated and immature to make sensible respoces. sorry.
I think everyone is able to become mature, while being immature at certain time. we just have to give them a chance
Old 09-12-2001, 06:16 AM   #187
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
we just have to give them a chance
Give us a chance you mean?
No seriously now....
The CIA director is in deep waters, as he has completely failed to warn anyone of this attack. Despite warnings of major attacks from last year, no futher warning were given since.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 06:25 AM   #188
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Give us a chance you mean?
No seriously now....
The CIA director is in deep waters, as he has completely failed to warn anyone of this attack. Despite warnings of major attacks from last year, no futher warning were given since.

my thinking is:
when someone is determined for something, he WILL get it. by the God, there is nothing one cannot do if he so desires it that he is willing to stake everything he has just for that goal!

so, have faith, mate. I knew so many people in this nation are like that, have faith, we WILL catch the little punks!
Old 09-12-2001, 06:26 AM   #189
Luther
Manshoon

I'm not an American, so I'm not as emotionally involved in this business (although my sister is on Holiday in New York and was 15 minutes walk away from the Trade Center, damn) but just by analysing what they are doing on the news it's quite disturbing to see how the Americans are demonising a whole collective of their enemies by using "It might be them" statements. This is going to be just the political tool that America and Israel have been looking for to really rain all hell down upon Anti-US and Anti-Israel countries and organizations. Remember that the USA recieves alot of it's power from the subjugation of foreign nations (and getting special access to their oil). "Anti-terrorism" might as well be "Destroy-all-those-actively-opposed-to-us-holding-influence-in-their-countries-ism" now. The shit is going to hit the fan, this is only the beginning. Let's hope the leaders can keep their heads here and don't keep the cycle of murder running at full speed.
Old 09-12-2001, 06:28 AM   #190
Vampire

I am starting a new thread on this called:

"the type of terrorists that do this"