Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2000, 03:57 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

When rerolling your attributes when creating your character (backing up five times then recreating), is intelligance the absolute most valuable attribute non-determinate upon the character's role? It sounds like that is the sole effector of your rate of empowerment (effects how much more powerful you are each level). When my main warrior went from level 1 to level 3 with only 13 intelligence, he gained 5 points of attributes! It seems like he might of recieved 7 or 8 if his intelligence was maxed. Is this totally mistaken or am I pretty on-key?
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 07:11 PM   #2
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

I still wanna know if intelligence is the sole effector of attribute point aquiring on level gaining. If not, what are the other attributes that help me gain attributes faster? And I have also recently learned that spells, skills, and attributes can be bought in guilds.
Old 12-31-2000, 07:21 PM   #3
Gauleiter

Intelligence directly affects how many *SKILL* points you get on each level up -- skill points are the ones you put into like swords or stealth or kung fu -- but has no effect on the attribute points or on how fast you level up.

Attribute points are totally random; well, actually, they follow a fairly complex process of comparing your character's HP and Attribute points against other (theoretical) characters of the same class and level. But there's no way to make your HP increase more, other than changing to a class like Paladin or Barbarian that get higher average HP.

BTW, "cheating the system" by reloading your character until you get more HP/ability points is stupid and actually hurts you, since your character then *must* get fewer the next go around to keep in line with the theoretical average. Don't worry, after a lot of 1 or 2 HP increases, you'll suddenly cash in big (at a random time). My paladin, for instance, just got three 20-something HP increases in his last three level ups, although this is certainly not the norm...
Old 12-31-2000, 07:55 PM   #4
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Very interesting... wow, this is making me rethink what I've so far learned. Ok skills are somewhat important... huh. They are useful for sorcery and sun/stone spells. My party are also all elves... I thought their skill bonus was great... no longer.

I think im gonna be oomphaz, as ugly as they are. Oh well I never look at that and they have great strength. The loss of dexterity and agility isn't very important, my enemies never reach me... HA HA, I just thought of something... can oomphaz wear those wizards's bras? LOL.

Oh and health isn't worth anything at all when your party is entirely made up of wizards. Not like anything is going to make it to you if you cast your spells BEFORE they reach you. Also, as in the manual, intelligence will increase my stone and sun spell ability where spirituality will increase my mana cumulation ability (more castings per battle). That, coupled with high level spells and high skill level sorcery should be a entirely too lethal combination.

Lastly, the way you make level reloading to gain more hp and attribute points at level gaining time sounds like I actually get HURT. But with your own description it is all based soley on a theoretical advantage, totally undeterminate upon what I currently have. So in other words if something screws up and level 1 to level 2 I gain 70 hp points it won't make a difference in the world, ten levels ahead since you won't gain any more hp. So my arguement is that level gaining rerolling is totally worthless (except for a VERY temperary boost), not harmful.