Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 06:44 AM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I just thought id ask for any that know who they are who is you favourite of the seven sisters Dove, Qilue, Laeral, Alustriel, Sylune, The Simbul, Storm. Just something to liven up the atmospheere in a quiet GD today

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-13-2001, 08:25 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gotta be Alassra Shentrantra, the Simbul. All that power, and totally crazy. I thought the way Lynn Abbey portrayed her in The Simbul's Gift was excellent. I like the way Elaine Cunningham portrays Laeral, as well.

------------------
Old 05-13-2001, 08:32 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Gotta be Alassra Shentrantra, the Simbul. All that power, and totally crazy. I thought the way Lynn Abbey portrayed her in The Simbul's Gift was excellent. I like the way Elaine Cunningham portrays Laeral, as well.

Yep the Simbul is so funny massacaring all those red wizards
a quote from a book:

"In Thay they trust in their spells, they bluster overmuch and fear too little. Yet I know how to make a Red Wizard go plae with but three words. All i need say is: "Summon the Simbul""

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-13-2001, 08:54 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:

"In Thay they trust in their spells, they bluster overmuch and fear too little. Yet I know how to make a Red Wizard go plae with but three words. All i need say is: "Summon the Simbul""

That book is Silverfall, written by Ed Greenwood. If anyone knows how to butcher a good thing, it's Ed. He could've turned Silverfall into a work of beauty and wonder; instead the Seven Sisters end up like some teenage boy's wet dreams. Have you noticed how often they are NEEDLESSLY naked in the book?

Anyway, you should read The Simbul's Gift, it portrays the Simbul really well.

------------------
Old 05-13-2001, 09:01 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
That book is Silverfall, written by Ed Greenwood. If anyone knows how to butcher a good thing, it's Ed. He could've turned Silverfall into a work of beauty and wonder; instead the Seven Sisters end up like some teenage boy's wet dreams. Have you noticed how often they are NEEDLESSLY naked in the book?

Anyway, you should read The Simbul's Gift, it portrays the Simbul really well.

LOL! i sure have noticed that.

about the Simbuls gift tho im real annoyed i cant find any bookshops here in christchurch that sells forgotten realms and the library doesnt have much more. so i am very limited with forgotten realms even tho i want to read soooo many more I ordered the dark elf trilogy from over seas which cost me heaps and even that took about 3 months to get to me. I dont have a credit card so no oredering over the net. any other way i can go about it?

------------------

Old 05-13-2001, 09:09 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Which books are you looking for? If you want to send me some cash I can buy them for you here in Australia, new or second hand (some older titles are no longer in print) and ship to you. Let me know which ones you want, I may even still have them around somewhere.

------------------
Old 05-13-2001, 09:16 AM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Which books are you looking for? If you want to send me some cash I can buy them for you here in Australia, new or second hand (some older titles are no longer in print) and ship to you. Let me know which ones you want, I may even still have them around somewhere.

well i have been really inmterested in the avatar series i started reading the first one but didnt get to finsih it. Ummm and also the simbuls gift is good. mostly the only ones ive read are salvatores books or some of the Cormyr saga. Anything about mystra i like and the seven tho i dont like what Ed has done with Elminister Tell me some prices for those

------------------

Old 05-13-2001, 09:22 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
well i have been really inmterested in the avatar series i started reading the first one but didnt get to finsih it. Ummm and also the simbuls gift is good. mostly the only ones ive read are salvatores books or some of the Cormyr saga. Anything about mystra i like and the seven tho i dont like what Ed has done with Elminister Tell me some prices for those

I don't like what Ed's done with anything because if I want to be sedated I'd rather take a Valium than read one of his books. I'll check those prices out for you tomorrow, I assume you don't care if they're secondhand? They should be between $6-$14 AUD ($14 would be brand new).

Watch this thread and let me know.

------------------
Old 05-13-2001, 09:24 AM   #9
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
I don't like what Ed's done with anything because if I want to be sedated I'd rather take a Valium than read one of his books. I'll check those prices out for you tomorrow, I assume you don't care if they're secondhand? They should be between $6-$14 AUD ($14 would be brand new).

Watch this thread and let me know.

Nope have no prob at all if they are second hand. That would prob be better becos i have only got $40 spare at the mo. But I could get some more if needed

------------------

Old 05-13-2001, 12:13 PM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

a bump to get thread attention