Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 08:42 AM   #1
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hail, oh mighty sages! Me needs help with those toad savages!
As mine party was adventuring we met one stupid Toad near Namph lake. He be very agressive, so us kill him! Us think he be Mekdawa. Us heard of the word "Ukabu" from other people, but now if we aproach toad guards or Shinwiki, they want to kill us! They say we evil! How can us make peace with Shinwiki?
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 08:55 AM   #2
greybeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if mekdawa for sure dead, must go to save and replay, so can talk to mekdawa and be told 'ukabu' from him. no sound like him to be aggresive sort, must have kill one of the bad cold bloods. should go back and look for mekdawa again, he probably around somewhere, you just miss him. me just lowly newbie warmblood but think this right answer for you. don't forget to give mekdawa something for help you.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:29 AM   #3
Moni

Some toads just evil too. These toads roam the areas between Nymph Lake and Toad Village. We even had to fight some near Sacred Toadem.
Don't remember rank name of such toads or could tell you.
You usually hear them say "Toads Kill" and "Methdu be proud!" when they try attack your party.
When you make way into Toad Village, you will find Ekbu and others in toad huts.
They good toads, but don't hurt them or they become bad.
Remember say Ukabu to Ekbu and Shinwiki so you can be Toad Heroes!

: )
Moni

P.S. Welcome To Best W&W Forum Anywhere!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old 03-14-2001, 10:41 AM   #4
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ummm...please excuse the above post...that was Gurragh speaking, the Gourk Barbarian of our little party... He is a bit ... um ... retarded .. when it comes to speeches... now let me take over. Name's Damiana, elf Warlock, at your service.

Our Problem is the following: Whenever we approach the guards at the Toad Village entrance, they shout "Warm Skins Evil!" and attack us. we don't even get a chance to say the password. As we are experienced warriors, these toads pose no threat to us, but when we make our way to Shinwiki, he also sees us as enemies, regardless of if we attacked the guards or not.

Maybe we did kill some other toad than Mekdawa, it was a long time ago, before we entered the crypt and found the spirit of Nivius, so I don't remember for sure.
Can any of you worthy travellers please point out to us the exact location of Mekdawa? We scouted all of Nymph Lake but could not find him.

Sincerely,

Damiana
Old 03-14-2001, 10:57 AM   #5
Moni

Ah, Well that was me speaking Toad. : )

Mekdawa is found on the southern shores of Nymph Lake. Taking a path from Valeia, you can reach a dock...turn west here and walk the shores of the lake. If you can't find Mekdawa wandering these parts along the shoreline, you might have killed him resulting in the toads believing you to be evil. I never killed Mekdawa so I can't confirm this, but he is part of the toad village quest, being the one that sends you to Ekbu.

I DID kill a toad under the huts that was blocking my path and got the same results...all toads attack and telling them you are Ukabu doesn't help.

I had to start over.

: (
Moni
Old 03-14-2001, 11:01 AM   #6
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just in case: How DO I start over? As I understood it, "Revert game" does not start the game complately new, does it? Can I use my old characters if I start over?

Sadly I do not have a savegame that is dated before I killed that one toad.
Old 03-14-2001, 11:27 AM   #7
Moni

Step into Valeia, and click on the computer icon, and you can Reset Adventures.
This takes away all guild levels and quest items you have acquired, leaving your characters with their gained levels and whatever spells, armor and weapons they have. You will find them in the inn and after you gather your party together again and exit the inn, you will again see Gareth and he will go through the game's beginning speech.
All previous quests you have copmpleted will be reset, requiring you to do them again in order to restore the guild levels you have now.

: (
Moni
Old 03-14-2001, 12:25 PM   #8
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks a lot.

We will seek for Mekdawa for a while, before we choose this last option.

You are right: this is the best W&W-Forum anywhere