Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #11
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I do that all the time. Though, usually, it's after I wake up first, then go back to sleep. I start dreaming the same thing, and then, WHAM! Everyhting leaves me alone. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 12:14 PM   #12
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I had a dream a few weeks ago. I was on some train tracks at the time diffusing a bomb. What the hell I was doing diffusing a bomb I have no idea. I think it went off and I woke up.

I usually don't remember dreams but I didn't think nothing of it, but now that you mention it, it occurred just before the bombings in Spain. It was more than likely coincidence but now thinking about it does seem kind of weird since I usually can't remember them.

[ 04-06-2004, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 04-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #13
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Have any of you ever had a dream where you conciously controlled what happened? Yet not fully realised it was a dream until you wake up? I've had a couple. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 04:50 PM   #14
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Happens to me at least once a month, and I'm addicted to them. To soar between planets subconciously knowing you're in full control is just such an undescribably good feeling! And normally I can feel myself slipping away in the grades of the lucid dream. The first part is dreaming and suddenly I become aware. I start bending the rules. Later, I start braking the rules. After that I forget the rules. Then I wake up. The whole thing lasts some 10 dream minutes(about 10-20 seconds real-time) and it's a feelgood!
Old 04-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #15
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Have any of you ever had a dream where you conciously controlled what happened? Yet not fully realised it was a dream until you wake up? I've had a couple. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Almost all of my dreams used to be lucid... now though I usually can't control what happens, kinda more fun that way anyway . I think the most awkward dreams I have are when people, usually people like my dad or other authority-type figures, are being really unreasonable and won't listen to me which I find quite distressing while in the dream.

Also on a fairly regular basis I dream my teeth are loose and falling out. Apparantly that's a really common dream to have, which is kind of weird. I'm not a big believer in dream analysis; you can up with all sort of symbolism but there's usually a pragmatic interpretation as well, but it's funny that dreaming about something so specific would be so common and not have some deeper meaning.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #16
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

my scariest dreams...

i used to always have ones where i was in a car or on a horse and i couldn't control it. they mean that i feel out of control of my life which is bad cause as unorganized as i am i am a control freak.

i've also had dreams of being an assasin. i am a peaceful, pro-life person so that i have dreamt about killing people is scary. especially since people were trying to get me too.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:06 PM   #17
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

I´m more afraid while being awake
Old 04-07-2004, 03:02 PM   #18
quietman1920

- A True Story-

I was sleeping at sea for the first time a few years ago. I dreamt that I was at my parents’ old house with my wife. I dreamt that it was snowing very hard…and that all the other neighbours were evacuated already….and that we had to leave. We ran outside into the waist deep snow and fought/climbed our way up the hill, passing boarded up/ abandoned houses. When we got to the top, we were exhausted….and that’s when we saw them. To the West, three gigantic twisters were making there way towards us. The Blue on hit a Very tall office building & destroyed it. The Yellow one hit a low-lying flat building and caved in the roof of it near the center. And the Red tornado moved slowly right towards us. We screamed and fell backwards as it passed directly over us without touching us.

I told my wife & son this dream and they made fun of me all breakfast long. That was breakfast time on September 10th, 2001, off the coast of the Bahamas.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:07 PM   #19
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Your post implies something happened shortly after. Please, tell me, I need to know.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #20
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
WOW! Make sure you PM me if you have another dream like that! That is so freaky... I wonder what the colours had to do with it...