Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2002, 11:52 AM   #11
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yep i tried pickpocketing Hedron's mother. She's got nothing on her. You get the 'target had nothing to steal' message.

To White lancer, i, for the life of me, never was able to pcik Ragni Bellows' pockets. I kept getting cought and that was with downing a few potions of master thievery. Kudos to you for finding the scroll of holy smite.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:43 PM   #12
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
To White lancer, i, for the life of me, never was able to pcik Ragni Bellows' pockets. I kept getting cought and that was with downing a few potions of master thievery. Kudos to you for finding the scroll of holy smite.
Took me about 1/2 an hour of telling my level 13 rogue to pick pocket, unpausing, then quickly pausing again, wash, rinse, repeat. Could sometimes get as many as 20 failed pickpockets before they went hostile. Reload, start again. What can i say, i wanted to know what he had! He migh have more, i dont know, the first couple were always gold, then that scroll, then more gold, and i never got past 4 successful attempts before they went hostile. Hmm... might have to try just killing him :evil:

[ 12-01-2002, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: White Lancer ]
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 09:19 PM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
And now a bit of an oddity. When doing the quest for Yquoq (sp) you need to retrieve those bracers for Kruntur in order to get the message. So i did that and gave the bracers to Kruntur. Afterwards i picked Kruntur's pockets to see if i could get the bracers back. Well, i got them back but they were destroyed. The discription of the destroyed bracers said something along the lines that the battle must have been to fierce so that they brooke during the battle, but he was still alive. It seems that the game thinks that when you got the bracers for the second time that it had to be in battle.
They are suposed to drop only if you kill him, after completing the quest, so that you can not do the quest, and then get them too as well as the reward the demon give you.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:58 PM   #14
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

A: I am unfamiliar with a quest involving Ragni Bellows and a Demon? What does the scroll do? What do you have to do and is it worth it.

B:If you want to pickpocket someone just to see what they have and then plan on reloading you might try something I have been doing. I cast Charm Person or Dire Charm, then pickpocket till the cows come home. If its something good I will try reloads to get it without making them go hostile. If its worthless I will just reload. But they will go hostile when they become "Un-Charmed". But if they are in a buidling and you never intend to go in there again you can do it. I used this for Jemaliah to get his lucky nucky. Figured out all the things I wanted from Deidre then stole his knucky sold it got my stuff and got out. Then its off to chapter 2 and goodbye to targos. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2002, 01:24 AM   #15
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack of Speed:
A: I am unfamiliar with a quest involving Ragni Bellows and a Demon? What does the scroll do? What do you have to do and is it worth it.
I dont believe there is a quest there. He just has the scroll on him, Holy Smite is a level 3(?) divine spell that only damages evil creatures. You can cast it with your priests, or just sell it.
Quote:
B:If you want to pickpocket someone just to see what they have and then plan on reloading you might try something I have been doing. I cast Charm Person or Dire Charm, then pickpocket till the cows come home. If its something good I will try reloads to get it without making them go hostile. If its worthless I will just reload. But they will go hostile when they become "Un-Charmed". But if they are in a buidling and you never intend to go in there again you can do it. I used this for Jemaliah to get his lucky nucky. Figured out all the things I wanted from Deidre then stole his knucky sold it got my stuff and got out. Then its off to chapter 2 and goodbye to targos. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I suppose i could do that, but then i'd have to be carting an extra character around with my thief. Maybe you could try it with a bard? They can cast dire charm, and they get pick pocket as well. BTW, where can i get some potions of master thievery?
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:48 AM   #16
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by White Lancer:
quote:
I dont believe there is a quest there. He just has the scroll on him, Holy Smite is a level 3(?) divine spell that only damages evil creatures. You can cast it with your priests, or just sell it.
Quote:
I suppose i could do that, but then i'd have to be carting an extra character around with my thief. Maybe you could try it with a bard? They can cast dire charm, and they get pick pocket as well. BTW, where can i get some potions of master thievery?
[/QUOTE]Well, that charm trick doesn't work for me. Thar's what you get from having a necromancer i suppose. Potions of master thievery can be found somewhere. Don't remember where, but it's pretty far in the game.

Small update. This one is from when you leave Targos on Oswalds airship to when you leave for the Wandering village.

Oswald Fiddlebender (yes him again, western pass), iron rations. I know nothing spectacular but i thought i still mention it.

Captain Yurst (Western pass), scroll fireshiel (red)

Beodaewn (Western pass), scroll resurection

Aigan, i couldn't, for the live of me, steal from certain NPC's. They are Zack Boosenburry, Xhaan, Ondabo and Nickademus. I can't understand why my level 17 rogue, with a dexterety of 27 can't pick their bloody pockets [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] . Anyway, if someone has got some info on them, please post it. Other NPC's that i didn't mention either went hostile or didn't have anything of note on them.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:53 AM   #17
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Ok... heres a fun pickpocket update. I hadnt left Targos yet and I remember someone saying "Ulbrecs got a +1 ring" so I figure "Im gonna find out what he has in HoF" Right??? WRONG!!! As far as I can tell he is UNPICKPOCKETABLE in HoF... I was using a level 30 rogue with a pickpocket boosted with "exported/imported" Master Theivery potions (no I dont do this in games Im playing: Experiment Only) up to 120... yes a pickpocket of 120... and yes... she fails every time. with a pickpocket of 120 she should be able to pickpocket HERSELF and not notice. Bah. I really wanted to know what he had? Anybody do it succesfully in HoF? Or is there a way with Dale Keeper to see what the NPC's got?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:36 AM   #18
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

I remember in BG2 that you could enable a console, then press ctrl+q to instantly add something to your party. You could do it with anything. a bat, a rabbit,a summon... anything. you could then see what items they had in their inventory, their hitpoints, all their stats ect..

Would this work in IWD2?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:59 AM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by White Lancer:
I remember in BG2 that you could enable a console, then press ctrl+q to instantly add something to your party. You could do it with anything. a bat, a rabbit,a summon... anything. you could then see what items they had in their inventory, their hitpoints, all their stats ect..

Would this work in IWD2?
It's possible. You can activate the console, but I don't know if this cheat is still there.

You could also use shadowkeeper to get you the max pickpocket and dexterity. I think the max dex with shadowkeeper is 250.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:12 AM   #20
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

My pickpocket skill is 1 but I can pickpocket anybody! Because I got a bard, he plays luck and skill point bonuses song, if you click many times the effect stacks! You can have 96 pickpocket skill [img]smile.gif[/img] ) boost it with thievery potions. but I dunno about Hof mode.

Bards are superior. During the middle of the battle they can heal your party.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote