Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

I'm on the first road after Sarudesh and have suddenly noticed that the enemies are all following me (I scout around as inivisible). They don't attack, but simply stand right next to my circle. I've even tried casting mislead, but they follow the real me and not the image.

It seems to take effect at a distance longer than sight, but not over the whole map i don't think. Also unfortunate is that they are two fire giants which being a solo mage i would like to take out at a distance if possible [img]smile.gif[/img] Does anyone know what this is? I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything. Oh, and it's only enemy characters that do it, the neutral merchant on the map doesn't budge. I'm fully patched, and this has only started to happen on this particular map...very weird.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: after disposing of the giants with some spell traps, i ran into a bunch of soldiers - the regular guys came from miles around to crowd me, but the mage doesn't...sounds like a scripting problem?

[ 02-07-2004, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It has to do with their AI Script. Not so much a scripting problem, since it is meant to work that way. Theory being that they can sense your presence through ear or smell, and are trying to investigate the source.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

IT is quite strange though, at one point I had about 15 Yaga-Shura soldiers who just walked straight towards me from offscreen and surrounded me. Oh, and as soon as i attacked that mage, he gave up casting buffing spells and joined the others in crowding me.

And what's even stranger is that this is the only map it happens on. I cast time stop to get away from them, finished them off and moved on to the next map and everything is back to normal.

Most peculiar [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the reply
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:03 PM   #4
Bud da'WindBreaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As I remember this place, I walked in with a group of 4, with my fighter/mage. We were over runned with soldiers. Quite the fight if I remember correctly. I could of used some of them just standing there!