Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2002, 06:03 AM   #1
cyber7
The Magister

this is for sure one of the most useful cloaks in the game, the beolders dont have a chance... what hapened to me in ToB is that the cloak change, in SoA we ad the litle gloing thing in our feet when using the cloak, now we have the all ball around us, its anoing, and mainly I tink it as no the same efects, am i right?
Old 04-23-2002, 08:51 AM   #2
Aramil Galanodel
Dungeon Master

aye when you install tob it nerfs the item down to spell deflection rather than spell reflection

if you delete the clck26 entry in your override folder it will restore the cloak back to its pre-tob form, i can only assume it was changed cause of balance reasons
Aramil Galanodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 09:01 AM   #3
cyber7
The Magister

what do you mean whit balance
Old 04-23-2002, 09:47 AM   #4
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by cyber7:
Beholders are no measly opponents. The ability to reflect Beholder Rays and all forms of directed damage is quite powerful. possibly too powerful. likely that was their reasoning, and i think that it makes sense. the biggest problem is that it slows down the game significantly to have that orb going around you all the time, instead of a little shiny circle. I'm much angrier about the change of the Cloak of Non-Detection, Red Dragon Scale, and the restriction of Cavaliers and Kensai from darts, even though they are thrown and not launched. oh well.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:27 AM   #5
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by cyber7:
The person wearing the cloak becomes near invinceable! It's too much in my opinion. Even though the animation is annoying, at least it tones down the cloaks unbalancing powers.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:13 PM   #6
firithwingion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think it was a good choice making it deflection instead of reflection because of the following reasons: 1: the reflection targeted area effect spells(abi dalzims, fireball) making it extremely powerful against mages. 2: the reflection was permanent, so anyone who wore it was immune to all damage spells, and could sit there while an enemy mage killed himself on your cloak.

imho, the cloak should work like the spells defection or turning, except with no limit of spell levels and no time duration. that would make it reflect (or deflect) only spells that are targeted on you, making much less powerful, and more balanced toward mages.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #7
cyber7
The Magister

yes but it doesn't make you immune to other spells thet ar not ofensive, I only fin it good against beolders... anyway there are not much beolders in ToB...