Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 11:05 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Allright...
So, im immune to mind effecting spells with this golden circlet...but fear still is quite capable of striking me?

Or how about what does this number sequence refer to for each number?
Attack Bonus: +21/+18/+15/+12/+9

Or what spell is it that mages cast to cause instant death with a fortification save that a character with 150-300 hit points is unable to meet?

Or how come my reflexive saving through isnt applied to traps i trigger when opening chests?

Or why is it that i can cast greater stoneskin and get no messages on incoming hits telling me xxx points of shielding left?

Or why is my attempts to resist spell roll not displayed?

Or where is my cloak of non-detection?
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:32 PM   #2
homer
Manshoon

Quote:
Allright...
So, im immune to mind effecting spells with this golden circlet...but fear still is quite capable of striking me?
I am not sure, however, mind effecting spells and fear may be different saving throws. For instance one might be a will save and the other a fortification.

Quote:
Or how about what does this number sequence refer to for each number?
Attack Bonus: +21/+18/+15/+12/+9
The number sequence refers to your attack bonuses. Your character has five attacks each one with a lesser attack bonus.

Quote:
Or what spell is it that mages cast to cause instant death with a fortification save that a character with 150-300 hit points is unable to meet?
A high level mage has some death type spells, if you do not make your save you will die. It dose not matter how many hit points you have.

Quote:
Or how come my reflexive saving through isnt applied to traps i trigger when opening chests?
I am not sure about this one either. I have noticed that some type of traps you will not get saves I do know witch ones though.

Quote:
Or why is it that i can cast greater stoneskin and get no messages on incoming hits telling me xxx points of shielding left?
This is maybe just a slight oversight with the programming, I do not know.

Quote:
Or why is my attempts to resist spell roll not displayed?
I cannot answer this either, I know it will display if you have resisted a spell or not, just not the roll.

Quote:
Do you mean you had one and now it is gone? I do not quite understand what you mean here.

Sorry I could not be more help.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:58 PM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

So i have 5 attacks with primary...and two with secondary to make 7 per round? why dont i swing this often?

and what spells would those be? i know it cant be power word kill since it has a 100 hp limit; and that phantasm one isnt it either since a lot of the death ones i get killed by arent acompanied by that dragon.

and i mean i miss the cloak of non-detection from baldurs gate series am quite sick of so many mobs in mods being able to see right through my sneaky self.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:28 AM   #4
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
That would be Disintegrate or for a Cleric Destruction. The saving throws against a high level mage or cleric is adjusted up because of their skill. The saving throw for a High level cleric could be very high indeed. Partly because the saving throw you must make is dependant on their Intelligence or Wisdom bonus'.

Quote:
Allright...
get a "lesser Belt of Guiding Light" it grants immunity to Fear

Quote:
Or why is it that i can cast greater stoneskin and get no messages on incoming hits telling me xxx points of shielding left? Or why is my attempts to resist spell roll not displayed?
You should check your game settings on the options screen. "Game Options" then "Feedback options" make sure the targeting feedback is "always on". That should help with some of your troubles.

Quote:
If there isn't one in the game you could always use the toolset to make yourself something like a cloak of non detection.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote