Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Why was the Improved Faldorn thread locked? I had an informative post to add.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #2
whathuh
The Magister

It was probably my fault for posting on a year old post--sorry.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:10 AM   #3
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

why did you post on a year old thread?. Thread necromany isnt allowed in this forum
Old 03-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Accidents happen and he apologised. No need to kick him when he's down!
Old 03-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I practised thread necromancy by accident when i was new.

What was this informative post?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Ok point taken, im new as well i spose.

Whathuh,
i am sorry for kicking you please exept my apologies.

prophet.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:43 AM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I'm glad it got resurrected, enjoyed reading through it, plus I know how to beat Faldorn now (gah, what a pain in the ass that is). Let's open it back up mods.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The informative post was something that belongs in the Improved Faldorn thread, not this one.

I'd say that Ironworks discourages thread necromancy, not forbids it. If whathuh had posted something like "i beat fladorn wit my kensai/mage with celstial fury an teh hammer what gives 25 str she was dead so fast cuz i am THE MAN" it would have been different, but instead, his post contributed some knowledge that was actually new.

Perhaps Dundee locked the thread to prevent people from reading through pages & pages of what they'd probably already seen before (and then posting on it?), but I think people are smart enough that if a 5-page thread suddenly appears at the top of the forum, it's been brought back up. Of course, these views can be seen as supporting thread necromancy in general, so let me add a quick caveat by saying that the thread was only 6 months old, and it's a nice reminder that Weimer has known for at least that long just how overpowered Faldorn is (Unless you have geared your entire game to winning this one fight, there is quite literally NOTHING you can do that will harm her), and done nothing about it.

[ 03-19-2005, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 03-18-2005, 06:40 PM   #9
whathuh
The Magister

when I posted it, I hadn't actually realized that the thread was 5 pages long, but after going back through, I saw that my post was semi-informative, and there had been no real attepmts to beat faldorn with a true, non anti-faldorn druid.

I also apologised at the beginning of that post (I mentioned it was a year old or so) if this was wrong, but I rather think keeping all the posts in one thread about such a narrow topic is much better than me making a whole new topic about it.

I searched for 'nether scroll' and got a full page of all these 'where is nether scroll' posts.

Maybe its just me, but thread necromancy seems more logical than eleventy-bazillion threads all saying the same thing.

also, six, glad you liked my idea. I thought of it after I got whooped about 10 times and realized that my druid has nothing that can actually damage her...
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote